Tuesday, April 8, 2008

"You've Been Honked"

I had my first bridal shower on March 29th at Jan Buckles house. It was co-thrown by Jan and my maid of honor Brittany. I had so much fun at the shower, but these are the only pictures that I've scavenged since then. I will post more if I get them!
Jan, along with Maria, Kayleen, & Amy-some school friends that joined me at the shower. In this picture is the neatest little flower arrangement that Jan got to match the wedding colors! I thought it was cute with its little polka dot ribbon-that I will probably use for the cake now!

Ellen, Robin, Nana, & Carly snuggle up for a quick pic.
They made fun of me when I came dressed in my wedding colors :( Why do you think I picked them..duh..I really like them!
Carly, Rach, Britt, Me, & El at the shower!

Now on to You've been honked!

Yesterday Jake and I had the great pleasure of hanging out with Jackie for a while after dinner. We all decided to go to the End Zone to watch the beginning of the National Championship Basketball game-well Jake wanted to watch it, we just talked! Anyways, on the way there Jackie and I re-lived one of our old past times, "the honk & wave" as we called it back in high school! For those of you who dont know what the honk & wave is, here is the greatest explanation of all...
You get a car load of people in the smallest car you have (in our case my car, the Kia Rio-the car not only has to be small, but has to have a circus like horn). Once you are in the car you drive around to different neighborhoods that you know will have people out and about. For us we picked the many neighborhoods on 350S. Drive through the neighborhood slowly and just as you see a person or people, you decide who will wave and who will look to see the reaction. The tricky and funny part about it is next...If you see someone on the right, you honk 2x and wave to the left-at nobody! The person looking to see the reaction (Jake in most cases) will describe the look on the persons or peoples faces to the others in the car-too busy waving the other way. This is a harmful, hilarious thing to do if you are bored and want to stay out of trouble which is why Jackie and I started it. The main reaction you get is what we like to call the "I thought they were waving at me, but now that my arm is 1/2 way up I guess they really werent...but who are they waving at!" We did this for about 45 minutes then ended at the End Zone, watch some bball and hung out with Jason & Casey Biddinger, Casey Deaton, and Dustin. After the 1st half we were bored and decided to go home.

Today I realized I have a lot going on and its hard for me to keep things straight. I've got work, school, internship, wedding, student council, and making appointments on my mind all at the same time. Usually a list helps, but overwhelmed is the only feeling I could come up with!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I highly suggest to everyone to try the "Honk and Wave", its a pretty good time!