Monday, April 21, 2008

Unexpected News

This morning after dealing with the computer and the site for the internship matching, at 2am I opened up my account to realize that I didnt get a match. I can't really explain how that makes me feel other than I put a lot of work, stress, effort, and money to be denied into a program. As a dietetics major you graduate with a BS and further your education in the dietetic internship. Once you have passed the dietetic internship (given you get accepted) you can then and only then take the exam to become a Registered Dietitian.

What does this mean? Well, in an earlier post I briefly explained it-hoping it wouldnt happen to me, but this is how it goes. On Wednesday I have to have more internship packets put together to fax to programs who havent filled all of their spots for the upcoming year. I'm guessing the reason why they didnt fill the spots they had was because someone who got matched decided not to accept the invitation into the program (stupid people!). Why wouldnt someone want to go to a program if they got matched? Well, if they realized that $30,000 was an insane amount to spend, or if they decided they didnt want to further their education and become a dietitian. For my sake, I hope there are many people who decided not to continue on with dietetics because I'm not stupid enough to apply to places that cost that much money. However, those may be the only places to apply to-I wont know that until Wednesday.

For now, holding in the disappointment when others ask if I got matched will be the hardest thing to get through today. The good part about everyone being so open is that I know of at least 10 others who didnt get matched either...thats usually not a good thing, but today it adds comfort.

Until later...P.S. I'll be 23 and confused about life tomorrow!

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

No comments: