First, I have to start off with several confessions to make. #1 our apartment is really messy, dirty, unclean, cluttered, and all the above-not because Jake, but because I havent been cleaning up after myself like I usually do. The bathroom is cluttered with make-up, blow dryer, straightener, and other items; my side of the room is completely a mess including a pile on my dresser that you cant even decipher a dresser, along with a pile of clothes in a basket beside my dresser-all the drawers open, bed unmade, etc; the kitchen is full of dishes (its my turn!), the laundry just got done (as of 10 minutes ago), but other than that its a mess. I'm going to work on that tonight and the rest of this week!
Confession #2, I haven't been the loving fiancee lately that I wished I could always be towards Jake. It's getting down to the grind and I'm feeling slightly stressed (even though I thought I had everything taken care of) and this gets taken out on (guess who), Jake. The truth is if I could plan the wedding, make the cake, do the flowers, play the music, etc-then everything would be fine. However, I cannot do all those things and get married at the same time! I've had a hard time trusting other people who play a role in the wedding planning as I should-instead I pile on the "to do list" and try to do it all myself. Jake would call that 'micro managing', but that's why we fit so well together- he macro manages and I do the micro managing! :) If I havent said it clearly enough-Jake is wonderful to have in my life!
Confession #3, I'm so ready for school to be finished that I have a hard time studying the proper amount in order to be prepared for exams! I've forgotten an assignment, which I never ever do, and it didnt really bother me.
Thats all for that-but I feel much better now! Yesterday and today were totally beautiful days-the only bad part about it was I worked for the better part of those days, but at least the sun is shining again. I was starting to feel like I had seasonal adversy disorder (SAD). This is why we should move to Florida or Texas so we can see the sun every other day. Today, Jake and I went for a walk to the west side to check out any new stores that have gone in down at wabash landings. Not suprising, but we didnt find much of a new store. But what I did find is a hat that would be perfect for the honeymoon since its going to be scolding hot and the sun will be beating down 24/7-which is also a good thing! I'm not really into sun burns so I thought the hat was neat, but I didnt want to pay $25 for it-so I'm hoping Target will have it or something similar for less. Gotta love Target! After our walk, Jake had to go into work at 6pm to do inventory at Sams. The night shift isnt fun, but knowing that last year it took 18 hours to do inventory on top of the night shift didnt appeal to Jake at all. The only good thing is he will have Monday and Tuesday off to readjust.
Changing topics, but last week we just found out that our sister in law, Tabatha, who is married to Jakes oldest brother Jason, will be having a girl in August! Her name will be Isabelle or Isabella Amber-I cant remember which now, but I thought it was a cute name. Good year for babies because John and Rachel (Jakes 2nd oldest brother and sister in law) are having twin girls in late June, early July. They are just getting everything set up for us to have a boy-just kidding! If only it worked that way. Darlene, Jakes mom, is really excited to have babies in the family-Finally!! As for the triplets (Jordan, Joe, Jessica-Jakes younger siblings who are 16) it will be their birthday on April 19th where they will be 17. They are making big decisions on where to go to college in the next couple years-I cant believe they will be seniors next year! Thats crazy!
As for my family, Anthony has about 20 days until he returns back from Iraq. He has been there since June of last year and is really excited about coming home. He just bought a bulldog puppy that is really cute-I think he will be a good companion for my brother! Pray that everything goes as it should and he can return home on time safe. Mom is recently engaged to Alan, her long lost love of the past 10-12 years! They are finally getting married-who wouldve known. Dads up to the same old thing and Melissa is too-havent gotten a chance to talk to them much lately. Dad just got out of surgery on his shoulder and hopes to be back at work the first of May.
Thats all for now..have a good week!
1 hour ago









No comments:
Post a Comment