I can hear it hitting our windows...another round of ice is hitting us and has been for a couple hours now. They haven't really gotten the roads cleared from last night yet-so it's becoming one huge sheet of ice outside. I came home today at 3:30-even though I work 5 minutes from home-to be safe and out of the weather, but Chase Bank doesn't believe in letting employees go home in conditions like these so Jake will be home around 7-7:30 depending on how long it takes him to get here...bummer!
Our furnace isn't working right...horrible timing. Well, it's been doing it for a few weeks now, but we've been slackers on calling a repair man. What we've had to do is turn it off, wait, then turn it back on and it works fine. I just had to do that because it was 64 in here-trying to get the temp up in case the power goes out! We are glad Nora isn't here yet for this reason alone! I'm not sure what we'd do if she was here-probably light a million candles in a small room and bundle her up...that's all I could come up with.
We should be good in all other areas if the power goes out. We have peanut butter to last us a lifetime, canned foods (and a non-electric opener), tons of snack foods that don't need to be heated & I'm about to start making stuffed peppers for dinner-hoping the oven will still work for the hour they need to bake! I filled up all the pitchers we had with water thinking it wouldn't work, but I think that might be a little over cautious because I think the water will still work. Flashlights are out and ready to go-we have the ones that don't require batteries, just cranking to get them to work. My phone is charging-in case of an emergency and we need to have a phone, but I can't think of anything else that we might need.
The only thing I wish now is that that 4 channels we get weren't all broadcasting the news-I'd like to watch something else if I could!! Oh well, the cable guy is coming on Friday (weather permitting) to install cable again (!!), but I just remembered that they have to wire the house-which means digging a hole for the wire which will be hard in the ice..grrr..right now I'll just pretend like it's happening!









No comments:
Post a Comment