We are on a cable high here in the Standeford house! After nearly a year...we had the cable guy come out and set it up again. We originally tried when we first moved in, but came upon lots of problems with the installation so we just called to cancel and not get it for a while. We knew throughout the summer we would be busy and not really watch it & that we would have a lot of things to do to the house so we opted to save money (imagine that!).
Since December I have been craving more channels than 6, 8, 12, or 59!! The only thing that is ever on is the news-which I like to watch, but not all the time. Several weeks ago I was cleaning the house and needed a break. I sat down to watch TV and the only 3 shows on were the Magic School Bus (loved it when I was younger), the Suite Life of Zach & Cody, and a weight loss infomercial!! I stood up and went on cleaning-not. even. worth. watching. That night I cried because Jake was excited to watch the two football games that determined the Superbowl! Did I mention we were at Steak n Shake when this all happened. I was emotional and couldn't hold it in-it ended in a laughing hysterically with a combo cry! I couldn't stop! We laughed about it all night.
Before that night I had tried justifying that we were having our Life Group from Church over for the Superbowl and we needed it in case there was a storm and the bunny ears didn't work. He laughed at my attempt!
I think that's when he realized I needed something to do when I was "off my feet". And the baby is coming soon-I'll be home, busy with lots to do, but still some down time. So I'm soo soo glad to have it back. I've been missing lots of my shows I typically watch & DVR especially.
And.. the best part about it all is that Jake got a steal of a deal with Att Uverse where our Internet/cable (with DVR & 200 channels) was only $12 more than the Internet we were paying for previously. And...this lasts for 12 months!! Now that's cheap entertainment.
So, tonight I set up a million shows on the DVR (one that I'm excited about is Auction Hunters-I could totally do that) and am watching HGTV for the first time in our new house & loving it as I relax after a long day!









No comments:
Post a Comment