Saturday, February 5, 2011

He Already Knows!

Thursday night we started our labor classes at the hospital. I was looking forward to them and had high expectations, but after the class I was a little let down. Well, let down, but glad all at the same time.

I'm not sure what I thought it was going to be, but I didn't really learn anything. When we got out to the car Jake said, "I think that class was for people who are not proactive in learning anything about pregnancy!" I laughed because he knew everything the lady was talking about and we were laughing during the presentation over things we had talked about related to what she was 'teaching' us. I'm hoping next week will be better-at least we will get a tour of the labor and delivery floor-that I've been looking forward to.

I signed Jake up for a car seat class on Monday. I wasn't able to go because of work, but I thought it would be a good idea for him to know how to properly install them even though the hospital does checks before you leave. I'm thinking for the other car or when/if we get a new vehicle, etc.

I'm going to a newborn massage class on the 15th and we are both going to the caring for your infant class on the 17th. I figure they are free & we are taking advantage of them.

I'll be 36 weeks on Monday...eek! Jake joked that we could be bringing Nora to the caring for your newborn class and said, "uhhh..we brought our baby!". I died laughing. Hoping she waits at least until after 37 weeks. We have a doctor appointment Monday to see how things are going! Holy cow-time is flying by. Its hard to imagine in a few more weeks she will be here keeping us busy.
Side Note: Huge excitement came when we found out Ellen & Ryan are expecting in September! Congratulations, although I don't envy your summer pregnancy.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

you shouldn't envy my hormones right now either! i am seriously experiencing roid' rage or something. i threw my brush at the wall/shower door yesterday and broke it in half just because ryan snuck up on me. i think ill just be glad when im a little less hormonal and the weather is warm...i don't even care about the summer pregnancy :)p.s. auction hunters is the best!