Monday, February 7, 2011

4 Week Count Down

We have 4 weeks to go until Nora is here...or shorter. Today's doctor appointment went well! Jake was able to go because he was off work which was exciting because he has missed a lot of the appointments. I think it really makes him "in" the whole process when he is able to go.
My blood pressure remains 120/66, weight gain slow & steady, and baby is measuring right on track. At this appointment I had the Group B swab-that's about the only thing non-routine that happened. She checked me again & my cervix remained the same as it was 10 days ago-1 cm & 50% effaced. I was relieved that Nora is listening to her parents already on staying and growing inside my belly instead of making an early entrance into the world. My doctor said she wouldn't be surprised if she came between 37-39 weeks-so we'll see. Shes out of town all next week so I'm hoping if she does decide to come that she waits until my doctor is back & on call! Something about getting used to a doctor that makes you more comfortable. Because shes out of town, I will see one of her partners next week at my 37 week visit.
This is completely random, but I hope my clothes still fit in a couple weeks if I haven't had her. Yesterday I put a shirt on...it was so tight that I couldn't breath! I had to have Jake come pull it off me-I don't know why I continued to force it on when I knew it was going to be a little tight. I don't have too much more room to grow before I'm out of most of the clothes I have and I don't really want to buy any more clothes for just 4 weeks left.

I'm excited for this weekend because we are having maternity pictures taken. My co-worker's husband has his own videography business, but he also does photography & he offered to take pictures to help build his portfolio and so we can have the memories too! I'll post a few when we get them back.

Crazy to think that she could be here any time. We are having date night on Thursday-it could be our last 'true' date night for a while so we are taking advantage of it for sure!

No comments: