Since we have one payment left on the Audi, last weekend we went car shopping for an upgrade on the Kia (sniff, sniff..I know sad). Goldy is a great car, good gas mileage, but get her going too fast and the paint peels off-so we are looking for a bigger vehicle (van or SUV) to haul lots of cargo and lots of people safely!
Originally we weren't going to start looking until summer, but I figured looking will at least let us learn what we want to buy. And, walking around a car dealership 8-9 months pregnant is better than hauling a baby with us or getting a baby sitter. So I gave into Jake's plee to go see some SUVs. At the beginning of the day we were looking at Pilots, Sedonas, Explorers, Outlooks, and any other SUV that carried 7 passengers comfortably, with "good gas mileage" (note: none really are good gas mileage) that were a few years old so that they could still be a certified pre-owned vehicle.
Rewind to before we went out looking-I think we should get a van!! After all considerations, I believe vans are the most economical in hauling passengers and cargo (for vacation) and still have the sweet gadgets you can find in SUVs. Don't misunderstand...I think vans look hideous, but nothing else out there compares to the size of the space behind the 3rd row seating like a van. And what other cars seats fold into the body of the car?
Ok, back to the day of car shopping...I glowed with excitement when I saw a van to look at in the used parking lot. Jake was devastated! He's not "ready" to be a van driver! However, after looking at a Chrysler Town & Country...he was pretty much sold. Sold so much when we got home he started looking them up online to see different colors and other used T & C's around the area. I laughed and smiled with excitement that he finally realized that they are worth it!
He liked the dual video screens, navigation, heated seats, all electronic switches/dials, etc and could give into a van with "all the bells and whistles" for wayyyy less than we could get the same things in a SUV with less space. He now never calls it a van..he calls it a Town & Country.
We aren't buying right now, but are weighing heavily on a van (we'd be one sweet looking couple in a van-can you picture us?) when we do decide to get an upgrade!









No comments:
Post a Comment