Today we made another trip to Greenwood to shop for Nora. This has been our routine for a few weeks now-well not every week, but when we have the day off or coupons that need to be used up. The trip today was to get the travel system, but we ended up doing several returns and buying other stuff we needed too.
We started out at Once Upon a Child where we got a steal of a deal on a used Serta mattress and a changing table pad. We knew we wanted to buy used of these two because they both have covers that we could get new and just disinfect the pad and mattress. We also got a new mattress pad for extra protection. Why would you buy them new?
For lunch we went to McAllisters, a Thursday ritual, where I always, always order the grilled chicken spud...mmm its soo good! Jake always gets something new and today it was an open sandwich with coleslaw and, of course, some tea.
After McAllisters we headed to Buy Buy Baby because Jake is fascinated with the "mama-roo" its like a swing, but plays music and does different motions like the car, a W shape, figure eight, etc...when I say fascinated I mean-that's they only reason we stopped there. But I cant get out of a baby store with out using a coupon or finding something on the clearance rack. So we came home with 4 outfits-one of the shirts had a dog on it that looked like Jersey-I couldn't resist it!
After Buy Buy Baby, we went to Babies R Us-the real reason we went to Greenwood. We knew we wanted to get the travel system today, but after fitting the mattress and changing table pad in the car we weren't sure if it would fit! Ultimately, we took it out of the box and everything went fine (we kept the box, just in case), but there was no way it was fitting in the car in the box. Thank goodness Nora wasn't with us-we would have run out of room. Note to self: bigger vehicle would be nice...
Along with the travel system, we couldn't leave with out getting $8 off diapers and a $15 gift card for purchasing 2 boxes-so we did and now feel comfortable with several boxes in the closet. Before going, I did a diaper spreadsheet (Jackie & Alex-I know you are laughing at this point, but you too will do this eventually) to see where to buy the cheapest diapers. So far, out of Wal-Mart, Sam's, Costco, Babies R Us, several online sites, and Buy Buy Baby..Babies R Us is about 7 cents cheaper per diaper. When Jake found out that we are going to go through 5-8 on average per day-it was necessary to do the math! (I still don't think he knows what he's getting himself in to!) My only comment was...well babies aren't cheap, do you want to do cloth diapers?
We wrapped our day up at Target-always a bad idea. I can never get past the dollar section-especially now that they have $1 books, so I picked a few up that I didn't already have. After that, we had a return, we put a few more things on the registry, and searched for the clearance. I didn't have to look to far-they had tons of red stickers that were calling my name. Jake hates this and always says "that's why they do that to get you and every other woman to look at them"! Of course, do you see how much I'm saving?! I know the difference between 'clearance to try to sell' and 'actual clearance-where the price is too good to resist' so they don't get me on a $15 clearance outfit for a newborn!! Who would pay that much? $2-I'm sold!
A successful day in Greenwood-only spending a fraction of what we could have thanks to great deals, coupons, and several gift cards (the biggest being for our travel system from Jake's Grandpa-it happened to be $30 off and I was able to use a 20% off coupon too!).
After putting together the stroller, Jake felt the need to display it in her room...like it was a new car! I can still hear him saying, now we have to make sure the wheels are facing this way...He's one proud daddy!









No comments:
Post a Comment