Doing a gift exchange always sounds like a good idea until it happens. The kind of gift exchange I'm talking about is the kind where you bring a gift for male/female and draw numbers and pick gifts and the other people involved have a chance to steal your gift. We do this at one of our family Christmas party's and have done it for other things too-so we've had a lot of experience. I've come to the conclusion that the gift I take is always the one I want to take home...so after this year I have decided not to participate! Call me scrooge, but when I buy a gift for something like that I try to find a good deal where you are getting more than the amount because I found it on sale-where most people just take face value and spend the amount no matter what the gift ends up being. I find that mine suits me best anyway-so why ruffle my own feathers over a game that has been chaotic or frustrating in the past. Does anyone out there know what I'm talking about?









1 comment:
OHHH My I thought I was the only one that thought this ... I actually put thought into the gift & its always something I would want myself. I feel like other people just bring something from home & regift it or get a crap gift. My family plays this same game & I always end up with something I will never use.
Post a Comment