Monday, December 6, 2010

Pregnancy Joys

This might be TMI for some people, but if all I ever talked about was rainbows and unicorns I'd be lying about pregnancy. The past 2 weeks I have experienced two joys that have made Jake and I both laugh: leaky bladder when sneezing and producing milk....You can see why TMI might fit the category. Luckily, we were at home or with family when these fun things have happened. Actually, we were in WalMart once looking in the baby section and I sneezed. We had just eaten and I was going to go to the restroom on our way out of WalMart since its at the front of the store and Jake knew that I had to go. He started laughing and said to me "did you just wet yourself?"!! At that point we both started laughing so hard I almost did what I hadn't done until that point. I felt like he was talking to an 80 year old lady!
I checked my email that night and one of my pregnancy email subscriptions was talking about embarrassing pregnancy stories and leaky bladder was one of them. Apparently, the hormones that the body makes to prepare for baby and birth also have an effect on your bladder (and it doesn't help that she is low and bouncing all over it all the time). I turned to Jake after reading it and said to him see its not my fault!! And we both cracked up again...what else is there to do?!! Gotta love all things pregnancy not just the good ones!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

90 days tomorrow until your due date :) wow!! How exciting!!! I'm excited to see you this weekend for your lovely shower!!