I'm 28 weeks which means my doctor visits are every 2 weeks from now on! At this past visit I had the great pleasure of the glucose tolerance test. I went in without anything to eat (I don't want to pass so I don't have to do the 3 hour test), but I should have had something. Taking 50 grams of glucose in the morning on an empty stomach is NOT a good idea. On the good side, it wasn't near as bad as I had imagined, but I like diet Sunkist-which was the flavor I'm just not used to all the sugar. It was chilled so that made it easier & seemed to have some carbonation-I thought it would be dead flat. After waiting 45 out of the 60 minutes I thought I was going to pass out from all the sugar- I was a little shaky. After the hour, I had my blood drawn by an awesome woman who knows how to draw blood (unlike the phlebotomist I had earlier on in pregnancy).
After that test, I had to have a Rhogam shot-I'm A (Rh-) blood type so to make sure the baby wasn't going to be fought off by my immune system...I guess it's protocol. I remember all that stuff, slightly, from the genetics section of biology, but it's been too long to remember details. I just go with it.
Blood pressure was 120/60 (higher systolic than normal) up ~20 pounds and feeling it too. Nora was excited to see the doctor-she was kicking like a mad woman! Doctor confirmed an ultrasound at 32 weeks and that rounded out that visit.
Heres the belly progress at 28.5 weeks:
After these pictures, I should really invest in some self tanner! OR learn some photoshoping techniques to make me look like I have a little more color!










2 comments:
I'm Rh- too. That shot definately wasn't fun!! You'll be lucky enough to get one more too after Nora makes her grand entrance! I didn't really think the glucose test was that bad either. I was dreading it because everyone said how horrible it was. It was not something I would drink everyday, lol, but not bad. Can't wait to see pics from your ultrasound in a few weeks!
John has the same problem with the eye closing thing in pictures.... that's lol. by the way you look great:)
Post a Comment