Sunday, December 12, 2010

Nursery Progress...

I can't even lie or hold off anymore, it's been finished for 2 weeks now! I tried to hold off thinking that everyone wouldn't be surprised, but if you know me you understand I get an idea and run (I mean run with it!). I think Jake is excited that his 'projects' are finished now, but I'm bored and am trying to figure out new crafting projects that I can do now that it has nothing to do with the nursery. So, here it is:
Nora's mommy made butterfly mobile. I couldn't resist when I saw it on one of my Facebook friends pages...I Googled it and found tons of butterfly mobile ideas & I created this one with mostly shimmery white butterflies with a few black ones to match the room. I think it turned out awesome for less than $10! Of course that doesn't include the labor of tracing, cutting (a million butterflies), and putting it together with Jake's help. He doesn't like the word project-because it usually costs a lot of money, but when he found out how much I spent to make it he was OK with this mobile compared with any other one I could have gotten-that isn't near as cute!
Nora's little library...we added to it this weekend after the shower I had for Jake's side. Target has great books in the $1 section that I took advantage of.
Can't beat clearance items: lamp $6 from Gordmon's, mirror (that has been painted twice since I bought it) from Goodwill for $8 and the picture frame from Pier One for $7 holding our first ultrasound pictures.
Her name on the wall turned out just like I had imagined it.
Clearance T.J. Maxx ugly colored shelf for $6-spray painted & Hobby Lobby 50% off wall art with some of Nora's gifts from the shower.
Nora's stuffed animal-Jersey!
Black Friday 9 cube storage from Menards for 40% off! Waiting on the canvas inserts to go on sale at Target.

We are excited to be finished and ready to relax for a couple months until she gets here. I have a doctor appointment on Wednesday, then every 2 weeks from there! In August, the every 2 week appointments seemed soo far away-I can't believe how time flies.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

The nursery looks ADORABLE!! I expected nothing less for Miss Nora! What a crafty mom AND dad she has! Can't wait to see it in person, hopefully sometime before she gets here. :)

LauraSuz said...

Looks fabulous! She is going to one little girl sleeping in style!

Elly said...

Very cute! We have that cubical thing as well-my only suggestion is to try and figure out some way to attach the inserts to the shelves. And if you figure something out-let me know! Starting at around 9 months Sophia started emptying the cubbies. And now, at nearly 2 years, its still her #1 one game.

Lindsey Leonard said...

Love the butterflies :0)

Tabatha said...

Looks great Rox!! Can't wait to actually see it. Bella loves the picture of Jersey sitting on the rocking chair!

Ellen said...

you are getting pretty good with that camera :)