Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas (No) Baking

Just finished with my Christmas (no) baking after a couple hours in the kitchen. Last year I did a lot of different kinds of cookies: chocolate chip from scratch, snickers surprises, sugar cookies, etc, but this year we had a lot of things in pantry that needed to be used up so I did a little no-baking! I also got a lot of coupons for free chocolate chips and refrigerated (side note: I dont know how to spell refrigerate with out specll check-I always want to put a 'd' in it!) chocolate chip cookie dough (the break and bake kind) those expired on 12/31/10-so I needed to bake them up too. This year it was puppy chow-we had left over chex cereal that wasn't going anywhere fast, no bake cookies-oats that my boss gave me because she wouldn't use them, the chocolate chip cookies, and I guess I did bake a little-chocolate cupcakes so that I could put red and green sprinkles on them for Jake's work for tomorrow. Even though I didn't make anything from 'scratch' or bake much I still had tons of dishes! That's the part I hate about cooking or baking. an you tell chocolate and peanut butter are my favorite? I thought about making peanut butter fudge, but I think I'll save that for next year...I'm tired!
Later tonight we are going on a drive to look at Christmas lights. Jake knows of some houses in Avon/Brownsburg that have music that plays through the radio so he's going to take me on a ride-we might get ice cream too (mmmmm)!

No comments: