After hours of thinking about the perfect name-I think we both already had our minds made up a long time ago! Baby Girl Standeford can now be known as Nora Sue! We sat down and thought of every possible thing that could be bad about the name- and couldnt think of one that bothered us. In fact the only thing we could think of was "nora nora bo bora banana nana bo bora, etc.." you get the point! Kids did that with my name-it didnt go well, but they still did it!
We knew we wanted a short name since our last name is sooo long S-T-A-N-D-E-F-O-R-D, that's right, 10 letters! I know you counted them :) And, we wanted a sweet, precious, girly name that wasn't overly used and I think we found it.
Jake's Grandma's middle name was Sue-thats where we came up with it, and again short and sweet. N.S.S. (her initials) don't stand for anything we could think of and since deciding on her name we have been so at ease calling her by her name.
We are excited to see what she will look like and whose personality she is going to have-too much to look forward too! However, we are very much taking advantage of being kid-less for the next few months by sleeping in, going out to eat or out at all, and working on things we want to do since we both know lots are going to change when Nora comes.
On another note: I wanted to spell out her name for decoration in the nursery, but didnt like any of the harsh, 90 degree angle wooden or cardboard letters at any of the craft stores so I came up with my own idea.
I first started out by printing 'nora' in lower case letters in the font I liked-not a stiff, block font. Then I carbon copied the letters to 8x8 in. painting canvases.
Then I painted the letters with black paint-that has a slight shimmer in it. Glued and stapled ribbon to hang the letters from and shaded the corners and here is the finished product!
The canvases were on sale at Jo-Anns for 50% off, the ribbon for the entire spool was $2.00 and the paint I already had so it was a nice, cheap project (thanks to her short name!). Lately, it has put me in the crafty mood so I've been trying to come up with other projects to keep me busy when I'm bored.









2 comments:
LOVE her name!!
such a cute name! A friend of mine was playing withe the idea of it, and I loved it from the start. I hear ya with the short first name, we have thought about that as well for when we have kids. :)
Congrats again!
Post a Comment