I sent Jake out on a wild goose hunt to get a black antique dresser that was listed on Craigslist for the nursery yesterday. I found it yesterday morning after he was already at work with no access to the Internet to look it up or get directions. Since it was antique I texted him certain guidelines to follow in deciding whether we wanted it for the nursery or not. Here were the guidelines: that it didn't smell antique, that the drawers work (and we both know what that means because our old dressers DID NOT work well), that it's sturdy, and that the mirror on it wasn't going to fall off if the future toddler ran into it or decided to try to pull it off, etc you get the point. Long story short he picked it up last night (YAY!) after work-thanks to his co-worker who was so kind to go with him in his truck to get it if it met guidelines. Its perfect for the nursery-tall enough to make a great changing table, enough drawers for baby's needs, and so adorable in its black, distressed antique ways and it was 1/4 of the price of anything I've seen (and liked) on the Internet or in stores! After I told him I loved it he was relieved. I had talked to the lady selling it and told her that he is going to know what I'm looking for and she mentioned that to him when he was there and it made him nervous to get it without me there. I'll post pictures (when I'm not too lazy to take them) I mean ,when the room is a little more together-right now it's a scattered mess of decorations and baby things. Now I'm looking for the crib to go with it!









No comments:
Post a Comment