Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Making Progress with the Nursery!

Away with the blue! Friday I taped off the nursery in hopes to get the painting finished soon, Saturday I patched all the holes that were there from the previous owners (they had a baby boy-obviously) and the ones we made too, and Sunday I sanded and then Jake primed the room. Pheww....that was a lot of work-well for him, not me, but still. Here's part of the room before:

Last night Jake painted the cream/beige/whatever color it is, but it needs a second coat-darn that blue! Good thing is we bought a gallon and since we have the bead board up-he only used 1/4 of it so we have plenty, bad news is its another 90 minutes of painting for him. But it looks so much better with just that different touch. I'm excited to see the entire nursery come together!
Here is the dresser I was talking about-isnt it cute? Perfect and distressed, black, tall, wide, long...everything I was looking for!
And I just love the mirror that goes on it! Thanks again to Jake for going to a "bad neighborhood" (38th street-didnt end up being as bad as he thought) to get it for me on a whim! I can just picture the changing pad and basket full of diapers ready to go on it, can't you?
Oh yeah, one more thing....right before I uploaded these pictures, the door bell rang and I jumped up-knowing that it was the crib-ran to the door and it was sitting up against the house! Exciting, except its raining, cold, and the crib is not light. So as the UPS man drove away I was stuck thinking of what to do with it! I ran to the garage and pulled out a tarp-and there it will sit until my buff hubster gets home to bring it in. Side note: I actually tried to lift it. Which is only funny if you can picture the shape and akward lift I would have to do to get it in the house...I guess that's the next project!

No comments: