Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Its a GIRL!

After my dream last night of finding out it was a BOY, I was so excited for Jake to have a little boy and teach him boy-things...I was convinced (and this was after my 65% girl/35% boy prediction the entire pregnancy). Side note: I switched back to my OB from before I was pregnant and was soo excited to see her since she was so kind at my regular visit in March. Shes young, has young children, and understands having your first child-unlike the OBs I saw before who were desensitized to the fact that first time mothers might have lots of questions, be really excited for visits, etc. Ok, So we were there and waiting for the ultrasound tech to call us back-anxious to find out! She coated my belly with warm (yes it was in a bottle warmer) gooey stuff and started going to town. With in 5 seconds I knew it was a girl and even said- I dont see a little thingy...to which she said nope its a GIRL! Initially mixed emotions went over me-becusase the dream a I had, then my eyes teared up with excitement and joy! What a wonderful moment that I can't really explain.

She is measuring with in a day or two of the original due date of March 7 so we're right on track from the ultrasound. Her (I love saying that instead of it) heart rate was 155 bpm, my blood pressure was 110/65, weight is total up 10 pounds which she was happy with. You can see from this picture below that she has her moms face profile and from another picture that she has my face shape too and is already so cute!

One concern the doc had was that the placenta is still a little low. She is hoping that the more I grow out the higher the placenta travels. At week 28 she is doing another ultrasound (that makes 4 and I hope our insurance is paying for all these...I will most likely get the award for the most ultrasounds, but who doesnt like seeing a precious baby in the making) to rule out that as a problem. If she sees that its still low it could interfere when I start to dialate which could cause bleeding, pain, cramping, etc. This could happen as early as 30-32 weeks. She said 85% of cases resolve themselves, but if I fall into the 15% she will put me on bed rest! Yikes, I dont really want to be on bed rest for 2 months. Hoping for the best and that the concern corrects itself before then.
Belly progress at 20 1/2 weeks! She is really starting to grow and is move all the time now!

After the visit we had lunch at McAlisters Deli-so good- and discussed our thoughts on names again for the first time not talking about boy names. Fortunately if we had a girl we were pretty confident in name selection since we had 3 on our minds. We started saying the options with our name and trying to find nick names we wouldnt like and would sway us from choosing. We want to make sure we have the perfect name before announcing too soon. So we are in the process of eliminating and selecting the best name for our little girl.

Jakes first comment after we got in the car, "so I guess I'll be painting the room, huh?". He's speaking of the already blue room we have and are planning on using for the baby-he knew the answer before he asked, but it was cute. Now I'm on the prowl for super cute, cheap, baby bedding and decor for girls-if you know of any websites let me know.


3 comments:

Elly said...

Congrats on a baby girl! They are the best! Hopefully everything will work out in the end. Oh, and I had 5 ultrasounds and every one of them was covered because they were "medically necessary", you can ask the check in/out ladies usually too and they can tell you if they will be.

Have fun shopping, I don't have any good sites though. I just spent forever looking on Google and ebay until I found something.

LauraSuz said...

Dan and I are so excited for you and Jake! Dan always says, "Any guy can raise a boy but it takes a real man to raise a girl." It says it jokingly but I think he's half serious.

Picking names is so much fun. Enjoy all the planning and prep!

Anonymous said...

i found some cute baby girl bedding at Marshalls in avon. some were on clearance so you better hurry up and go over there. majority of them were pink, don't know what colors you were wanting to use:) let me know if you like any of them.