Sunday, January 23, 2011

This Weekend

So last night I decided to change my mind to Steak n Shake! It's OK, I do it all the time. The reason for the switch was that I never, ever eat at Steak n Shake for calorie reasons (unless we go with other people who choose-which hasn't been often-maybe 1 time in the past 2 years). It was deliciously greasy and the cheese fries hit the spot! After that we came home and relaxed for a minute while our stomachs settled then made home made doughnuts. My mom used to make them when I was little-and for some reason I had an urge to make them for Jake. He's never had them before. Another thing I never, ever do...deep fry! Blew that one last night too! Filled the pan with Crisco, high heat until ready...then we popped the biscuit rings and biscuit holes in until done then covered with cinnamon sugar! Mmm...they were so good-took me back.

On another note, I realized after talking to Rachael that the things I have been feeling that I thought was just the baby moving all around were actually Braxton-Hicks contractions. I had a million of them yesterday while I was moving around, organizing and shopping. I've probably felt them for the past 2 weeks, but didn't actually realize what they were. I drank water and relaxed to get them to go away-worked sometimes, but others not so much. I debated on calling the doctor, but I knew I wasn't in labor-I just wanted to know what was normal for 33 weeks other than the fact that I would experience them. I don't want to be the annoying pregnant woman who calls/goes to the doctor a million times for no reason and just to be sent home. So I held out on that one.

Last night and today they were equally as bad-although I didn't do nearly as much as I did yesterday. In the past few hours they have been coupled with, my favorite, lower back pain so I've had my heating pad out for relief. Have I mentioned I'm a wimp? I told myself I would never say this, but I'm ready for her already and to be able to sleep on my stomach, tie my shoes, or walk up the stairs without getting winded! Anyway, I'm doing fine, just problem solving as the problems come-any suggestions would help to stay comfortable in the next 6 1/2 weeks.

No comments: