I had another doctor visit on last Monday. I was nervous to go to it since I've been around lots of snacks and sweets (Christmas & NYE) that I haven't been able to resist in the past 3 weeks. I thought I was up a few more pounds than expected, but when I stepped on the scale I was shocked to see that I had lost .2 pound in 3 weeks
The doctor wasn't concerned but gave me to go-ahead to eat "caloric dense" foods-then she went on to list some (as if I didn't know what that meant or what foods that consisted of). This I can live with! We both agreed that it's probably due to the lack of space for the food, therefore me filling up quicker. I get full fast, but that doesn't take away from some of the days high calorie meals that I've had lately. Like last Sunday, I had oatmeal for breakfast, Taco Bell for lunch, Reese's for snack, Pizza for dinner and lots of snacks for the Colts game, then a huge bowl of ice cream for an evening snack because my throat hurt. Now that is a lot of calories---and nothing good for me! I'm not proud, just confused...and going to try something different this week.
So, at 31 weeks I'm up 20 pounds, BP 126/66, Nora's heart rate is a strong 145, she is measuring about 30 weeks 4 days and is healthy as can be-based upon her movement history! My doctor, without the ultrasound has estimated that she will be a ~7 pound baby. That makes one happy momma. Especially after several people asking me is she was growing enough...doc said I'm just carrying vertically and that since I'm tall the weight is distributed differently and I appear smaller than I am (I think I'm OK with that). I'm not worrying anymore since shes doing great!
Next appointment is coming on Friday (the 14th) when I have an ultrasound (Yay, we get to see her one last time before March) to see exactly how things are going. In the mean time shes diagonally positioned herself feet kicking the right side of my ribs and head down at my pelvis on the left side. Shes been that way for a while now-I can tell because she has had hiccups a lot lately and that's where the movement is from. My doctor confirmed it on Monday that that was the position shes in. I'm glad she's getting in the right direction for delivery...and hopefully will stay that way-no breach baby!
Here I am at the end of 31 weeks:









No comments:
Post a Comment