This morning we had the last and final sneak peak before Nora makes her way into the world in March. The doctor had an ultrasound to see how she was growing and to determine if my placenta had corrected itself.
At 32 weeks, I'm gained the amount needed to catch up to where I should be weight wise (after eating all the ice cream, peanut butter, and chocolate I wanted for a week and a half). My blood pressure is still good at 122/60 with Nora's heart rate at 148 bpm.
The ultrasound was awesome-3D or 4D-not sure which, but we could pretty much see what she is going to look like in 7 weeks! It's definitely a girl (I had the tech double check just to make sure-paranoid-I know) 100% she said. After about 5 seconds of the ultrasound she mentioned how much hair she had! I was completely shocked because neither one of us had hair when we were born & not any of the babies born recently in the family have had any hair. We are anxious to see if it is curly or straight and dark or light in color.
She has super chubby cheeks (I'm a sucker for chubby babies!) and many of her features already resemble Jake. During the ultrasound she was puffing her cheeks out, opening her mouth and eyes, and sticking her tongue out. Amazing what we could see.
Based on her measurements from the ultrasound she is measuring 4 pounds 14 ounces or about a week ahead of schedule. At first I thought that meant the doctor thought I would be having her a week early, but quickly learned that she would just be bigger than expected. Last visit the doctor was estimating a big 6-small 7 pound baby, now she thinks she'll be a big 7-small 8 pound baby. The doctor said I'm "hiding" her well and that at the last visit she was concerned, but not any more!
Even better news...the placenta has corrected itself (as 85% of them do later in pregnancy) and is now residing at the top in the back of my rib cage. I had a feeling it was up there because I couldn't feel any movement in that area. She is still positioned low in my pelvic region-head down with her feet/arms in my upper left abdominal area and moving very frequently.
I'm feeling great-outside of the discomfort when sleeping, fullness after eating, and tingling/numbness in my upper abs (from stretching I assume), but those are all pretty much expected in the 3rd trimester.
Looking forward to my shower up in Lafayette tomorrow and Jackie & Alex staying with us tomorrow night-probably the last time before Nora is here! Only ~7 more weeks...getting anxious, but enjoying our time together these next few weeks.









1 comment:
So glad everything is going as it should. And wow a full head of hair that is awesome:) Can't wait to meet little Nora
Post a Comment