Just got back from the doctor-good appointment. I was anxious to talk to her about the Braxton Hicks I was having over the weekend-sure enough I was just a little paranoid-they were apparently "normal". I didn't know what to expect that's why I say apparently! She told me to relax and not be on my feet as much as I was over the weekend which is nice, but when I get the urge to do something I do it. That urge doesn't come around very often-especially for cleaning out the fridge!
I'm up ~1 pound from last visit-right on track. My blood pressure is still good 124/60 and Nora has a strong heart rate between 140-150 bpm. When the doctor was listening to the heart rate, Nora gave her a swift kick to let the doctor know she was in there and doing fine! I told the doctor that was a mild kick compared to what she has been throwing at me lately.
Because of the pain in the contractions she decided to check my cervix to see if it had progressed. Sure enough, 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated! I was excited to here that not that I didn't think she had progressed because she is sooo low that it would be crazy if it hadn't progressed. I think she said she could feel her head-scary!! By the way, "getting checked" to see if anything has progressed is 10x worse than a pap smear in my opinion. I had no idea what that meant until it happened. Yoowwwzzers! Now I know for the next appointment.
So far the doctor said things are looking really good for a vaginal birth-which excites me to no end! Yay for a good visit.









2 comments:
I can honestly say I'm a little jealous! :) So excited for you that you're already effaced and dilated! Hopefully she'll stay put in there until full term! Praying for you guys!
Rox - that is GREAT! I always loved hearing the progress my body was making getting ready for the big day. I'm hoping Nora makes a quick entrance...maybe you won't even have time for pain meds! haha
I think getting check is painfully too. Just wait and see if they have to strip your membranes. Wowzers. That'll wake a person up.
Post a Comment