Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Do you eat organically?

I know I don't! It's too expensive for a SINK (single income no kids) family, but after watching this video I'm more incline to we can afford it! One thing that I have really wanted to do one summer is start my own garden with lots of veggies and other plants. Something about growing things really interests me. We do go to the farmers market as often as we can, but seems like we miss it through the week or forget to get cash, which leads us to decide not to go. I'll re-think that next time that happens after watching this video about GM (genetically modified) food products. Although I'm sure the video is biased against GM products, I think it raises some interesting points on agriculture and sustainable resources. Its about 1.5 hours, so sit tight and enjoy! Let me know what you think after watcing it!



2 comments:

Standeford Stories said...

Apparently this is way more controversial than I thought...Note**This is just an interesting subject to me and I in no way shape or form object to GM crops!! Just a thought provoking topic :)

K said...

Mike and I definitely swing a little more to the organic side, but not exclusively. He's especially worried about milk with Little Man T on his way. I would encourage you to grow a garden! It's really rewarding to eat your own fresh, delicious tomatoes, carrots, beans, lettuce, squash... If you need pointers about gardening while living in an apartment, I'd be happy to help!