Today I went for a long walk in the park while Jake was at work. I figured that I could use some time out of the apartment and it was so nice out today, loved the cool breeze. I did my walking at Armstrong park where was speed walking, pumping my arms and all, as I breezed by other walkers at the park. This gave me some sort of high and made me want to do it longer and faster! Weird, I know, but it reminded me of track meets in middle school as I gained momentum as I passed other competitors. After all that, I had a slight cramp in my leg.
After that I went to get groceries and then back home to do a little cleaning before showering for the picnic. The cookies did not win anything, not 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place, but I understand no one wants to choose an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie made with whole wheat flour and splenda as the top cookie..that's just not right. Although, with all bias aside, the cookie that won was a shortbread tasting-not my taste kind of cookie, and the runner up was not even a cookie it was a bar! 3rd place was actually delicious a double chocolate something with white and chocolate chips in it and should have placed. I was saving myself for all the cookies and of course I had to sample each of them, but when we got home I had a huge belly ache! But next year, I want to know the criteria for the next competition.
Things I'm looking forward to this week:
1) Job interviews & follow ups (I need a job bad)
2) Jake's 2 days off!! Woot Woot :)
3) Dinner already planned for the whole week
4) Possibly seeing Ginny & Dustins new place
5)Fresh Indiana canteloupe from Meijer!
I cant believe its August...but I feel like I say that about every month and every new year! First year I wont be going back to school. Weird!









1 comment:
how'd your interview go?
Post a Comment