Sunday, October 25, 2009

I Married a Simple Man

This morning Jake got off work at 7 am and was home and in bed by 7:30, but we had made plans to go to a church that one of my co-workers goes to in Brownsburg that starts at 10am. So that meant that he could only take a small cat nap between working all night and the rest of the day. His only condition was that we stop at Starbucks after church so he could use one of his gift cards he recieved from his old co-workers when he left the Lafayette Sam's Club. I said, "Ok, but only because you twisted my arm..LOL". So after a great message and meeting lots of people we headed to Starbucks where he ordered a "venti bold with sweet n low and fat free milk" for $2.09!! I was thinking maybe a pumpkin spice latte or triple chocolate carmel macciato or something specialty, but I definately married a simple man and it works for me! After gasping that he wasnt getting something other than a plain ole cup of joe he then told me his reasoning behind it and it was that even though he has a gift card he wants it to last as long as possible and thats the cheapest thing he can get and he could get 10 of those rather than 4 specialty coffees! I'm amazed at his frugalty (if that is even a word!) and I love it!
~
To finished out our day we headed to the Zeroniks house for the Colts game and homemade chili and beer bread by Brian-which was delicious. I also discovered a pumpkin dip from Target that would be awesome with cinnamon graham cracker sticks. After that, we went to John & Rachels to see them and the girls and we were just in time for 'Trunk or Treat' at their church! So, Ann & Nellie put on their lion costumes and we all headed to the church. Needless to say, 'Trunk or Treating' with over 15 cars and 2 16 month olds translates to Uncle Jake & Aunt Rox getting some nice candy! Snickers, Skittles, cotton candy, Hershey bars-you name it we could've had it! Ann & Nellie made out like rockstars with candy & half of it they can't even have! Nellie chewed her way through a mini Snickers bar and found herself something good, I felt bad that Ann wasnt eating anything so I opened a small Hershey bar for her to have. After suckers and more chocolate they were in heaven! How funny & Ann started going around to the trunks again :) Shes a smart cookie.
~
Tomorrow, they will be on their way up to their new apartment for 2 months and we will miss them a lot, but we are heading up to Detroit next weekend for the game on Sunday. Overall, we had another great weekend! Pictures to come....be looking for them in the next post!

No comments: