Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happy Halloween!

It has been another rainy, cold, fall day here in Plainfield and I'm hoping we will at least have a few more nice days left before it gets extremely cold-but I dont know if it will happen! Over the weekend we carved our pumpkins. It was a lot of fun, but as always in this Standeford house we are competitive. Everything is turned into a competition-so with that-here are our pumpkins for this year. Let us know which one is better because obviously they are both well done, but one is clearly above the other!
~
The book that we bought for our designs was a 'shadow' book-where you carve something on the front and something on the back to put a shadow on the wall behind the pumpkin. It worked out alright, I thought they were neat!
~
Darlene, Zane, & Jake starting the carving process
~
Jessica & Zane helped me clean my pumpkin out!
~
Working hard on our designs...
~
Darlene observing greatness happening! haha
~
Jake's finished product...pretty good! Nice spider web in the background!
~
My fabulous scardy cat! With the city in the background!
~
Our awesome pumpkins we had so much fun carving :) Lite up outside our apartment! So...whos design wins? You decide...

3 comments:

Ellen said...

i like them both! :) haha, which probably drives you crazy...

Standeford Stories said...

LOL, yes it does!

Tabatha said...

I'm going with yours Rox! Just because us Standeford women need to stick together!! LOL But Jake did do a good job on his!