In this Standeford apartment we are getting used to some major adjustments! I'm going on my 3rd week of work today (which means paycheck this Friday-Yay!) and things couldn't be better. My hours are a little different then what they will be when I'm finished with training, but they aren't bad at all now. I'm working for a company called HNT-Health & Nutrition Technology, its a medically supervised weight loss & weight management program that utilizes a group setting as means for education. Each week we see so many successes=very rewarding for an employee!
As for Jake, he will be transferring to the Greenwood Sam's which will cut his drive in half each way, but he will be working nights 9p-7a. Not my ideal schedule, but it will work for now! Some days I dont even see him! Last week I didnt see him on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday except to see him sleeping while I was getting ready. On those days, during training, I work 1230-930 so when he gets home at 8am he goes to sleep and at that time I am just getting up. then by the time I get home at 10ish he has already left for work! We'll have to work with our schedules so we can at least talk to each other at some point during the day. On Wednesday last week, I wrote a long note and left it on the island for Jake since I hadnt talked to him in a while.
Despite all the adjustments, we are absolutely loving Plainfield! I love being so close to everything-and Jake has enjoyed seeing lots of his old friends from high school that he hasnt seen in 4 years!
Update on the Haunted House I posted on earlier in September: we paid $26 for 3 attractions at Necropolis, it was worth $13 each, but not worth the original price of $26 each!! I was comparing it to a Haunted Mansion that I went to as a kid at one of the local high schools in Lafayette the whole time. Needless to say, it wasnt as good as the one I remember-they needed more people in there and tour guides because we kept catching up with the group in front of us! Jake was our leader! & you would be laughing had you known he really didnt want to go-his comment was, "you're gonna be holding on to me...who am I gonna hold on to?" So I can still picture him walking really slow, taking the corners wide to avoid the next scare! A good time-we might go to a corn maize later on this month with Z and Megan (friends from Jakes HS).
Things are getting busy around here, look for a post at least once per week-but I can't guarantee much more than that!









1 comment:
It will be hard at first getting use to Jake working thirds. Once you guys get a routine down though, it's not really that bad. It's only really started getting hard this past year since we've had Bella. Hopefully by the time you guys have kids, he'll be back on days :) Glad to hear your job is going great!! Sounds like you really are enjoying it so far! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment