The Brickyard was today and I couldnt ask for a better day to be 'busy' and not be able to make it to the race! Opps, dont tell Jake I said that -he never reads this anyways! He did get a chance to make it down there again for the tailgate party. The group he went with didn't actually have tickets so they tailgated until the race started and then drove back home-don't ask, I don't understand either! After that 5:30 am wake up call and a morning of tailgating he took a nap while I was doing a spa at Natalie's house. After his nap he woke up to actually watch the race with DVR so he could just fast forward the less entertaining parts of the race and watch the wrecks, etc in a shorter more enjoyable environment.
Last year we had tickets and went to the Brickyard, but because of the tire problem the cars were pitting every other lap which extended the race way too much for me. I don't really like being smashed up against other people, sweating with the sun beating down on me while I watch LOUD cars go by every other minute. Just not my thing! I'd rather stay home and clean the house! But that's just me. Jake on the other hand can watch any 'sport' on TV including golf, racing, bowling, UFC, and curling-all of which I can't stand to watch in person, let alone on TV.
Striking Similarities? Jake or Dale...darn it the uniform gave it away!
Serious before a big event...
Enjoying life after a hard day of work!....Isnt this hilarous?!












1 comment:
haha! Love the comparisons.... so true though!
Post a Comment