Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Austin, TX also known as ATX

Last Wednesday we left to spend the rest of the week with Rach & Brad down in Austin! We absolutely loved it...the only problem is there aren't any jobs in that area in the fields that Jake and I are specialized in and that is huge. Despite 100 degree temperatures throughout our vacation, we found tons of other things we really enjoyed. Including, duh, the warm weather all year round, IKEA & the outlet mall right down the street, the fly-overs, bar-b-q pork ribs, awesome views from hill country, the freezing cold natural spring pool, trailer park eatery, Peter Pan putt putt, H-E-B or pronounced "Heeb", 6th street, bat bridges, the lakes, the everythings bigger in Texas mentality including water glasses at restaurants, cowboy hats & rodeos, etc. Here are a few pictures from our trip!
The guys after dinner...Aaron, Jake & Brad.
Me, Rach, & Shauna
The gigantic water glass....tried to give a size scale with the shaker, but it really didnt do it! But, the glass holds like 36-48 oz. I just thought it was at the first restaurant we went to, but it happened to be the same way at the other ones too.
Jake and I with the nice sunset.
One of the lakes
Over looking downtown in the very far distant.
At Pure...a bar on 6th street...we really liked the way it looked and seemed to blow the most cold air as we walked down the street. It gave us time to cool off a bit before heading to the next stop.
The well fed pool that was 68 degrees! But it felt awesome since it was 104 that day.
One of the Trailers at the Trailer Park Eatery...This one had gourmet smores with different flavored marshmallows, but we didnt try any of them.
The taco trailer we ate at for lunch one day! Interesting business plan I must say! We hope to someday re-visit, move to, or vacation in Austin again. We had an awesome time- thanks to our great friends Brad and Rachael for letting us stay in their awesome house :)


1 comment:

K said...

Austin is a great city, isn't it? I spent a summer out there with my brother and sister-in-law and I have to say that I, too, like H-E-B :)