Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Happy late 4th of July...even though it rained all day! Jake had to work 1-7, so I was a lazy bum and stayed in all day watching TV and catching up on some much needed rest. I'm usually a 8 hour per night sleeper, but here lately its been less than 6-7 hours per night which starts to add up! We had chicken quesadillas to celebrate Independence Day and then took a trip to Meijer-not a traditional 4th, but it worked. Along our shopping tour through Meijer, we decided to buy Yahtzee and Jenga. For some reason I've been really wanted to play both games lately. Side note: I played Yahtzee with Jordan and Darlene, and schooled them so I thought I bring that kind of game when I played Jake last night...3/4 isnt bad! I found myself "teaching" him where to put his scores, and then the last game we played he beat me! We also played a game of Jenga, but if anythng gets you heart rate up its hoping the tower doesnt fall on you. Well, it fell on me, but I couldnt take it anymore! After games we watched Borne Ultimatum-where Jake had to fill me in on the first 2 movies of the series. I just can't remember movies that well. And I have a hard time following them, needless to say I enjoyed the movie and then wondered if that ever happens in real life!
Today, we woke up and went for a long walk around 9th street park, then decided to check out the flea markets at the fairgrounds and go to Big Lots. The flea markets were basically an addition to our prior walking trip because we didnt really stop to look at any of the "stuff" the people had to sell, but we found a huge mirror for $30 at Big Lots and figured that was enough spent for a day. Back at home we organized the spare bedroom and got rid of a bunch of useless stuff that just needed to be thrown away. We are moving to Plainfield in September and the thing I hate worst is moving junk that we eventually throw away! Throughout that whole process we decided to paint a bookshelf and re-purpose it as a storage unit/seating area. I saw it on the HGTV channel once and thought it was a good idea. Jake left for work about an hour ago-hes working the overnight shift tonight and tomorrow so his schedule will be a little screwy until he gets back to his regular hodge-podge day time schedule.
As for me, I finished up my last week at the Weight Loss Center on Thursday and have 1 more week left of school-like class at Purdue and them I'm finished for good! Still in the job hunting process, but I could have some promising news on Wednesday, but I dont want to get too detailed if things dont happen to settle right.
Well, I need to finish my mini-workout on the ball...until next time!

No comments: