Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Please dont delay our flight snow!

The weather has me a little worried that our flight tomorrow afternoon will be delayed/canceled. I'm hoping that the last of the snow or sleet or whatever we've been getting will be gone by then. When I was watching the news today, they showed a picture of Indy and it was really foggy-so it could even be fog that delays our flight.

So, our plans for the short trip have changed a little because of snow-and I mean lots of snow in Flagstaff, AZ.

If you can see where Flagstaff is you'll understand why this makes it hard to get to the Grand Canyon-one of the places we wanted to go while we were out in Arizona. Instead, we will probably be staying close within the city of Phoenix enjoying the nice weather out west. We rented a car for Thursday and Friday so we can travel around for a while. Lake Havasu City is really close-for all you Real Housewives of Orange County fans, but we probably wont be traveling there either. Las Vegas is a thought-its only 4 1/2 hours away, but we dont really want to gamble. Who knows what we will do, we are gonna figure it out when we get there. I'm just really excited to fly. Airports might be my favorite part about traveling, I know its kinda weird.

Next week is going to be hard on my internal clock. I've been staying up til 1:30-2 am and waking up around 10-11 in the morning. This is so far from the times that I will need to be ready for next week its not funny. I will probably be whipping out the Crystal Light Energy packets since coffee has proven to not be effective due to the horrible after taste that I cant stand!

In other updates, I have started job hunting anywhere dietitians are needed. I might be a little picky on the type of job and place, but when it starts to get closer to July I might be a little easier to please. Jake and I have started to weigh the options of buying a house close to August/September/October time frame. We have had long conversations debating on whether it would be a good idea for us now or not. The housing market really makes us want to buy now, but we arent sure where and if we want to stay in a/any location to make it worth buying a house. Needless to say, apartment living isnt my favorite-although I do like knowing if something breaks its not our job to fix it.

I've got a hair appointment at 3:00, New Year...New Look-until next time!




1 comment:

Tabatha said...

Hey Rox!! You need to teach me how to do all these cool things on here. Your blog is so much better than mine. We are hoping to visit Aunt Donna and Uncle Jim in April. We will be driving, so we'll have to stop on the way out and the way back. With having Bella I'm not yet comfortable flying, especially with all the extras she needs right now. If you get the chance while you're out there, Flagstaff has some pretty cool shops. Also you need to make it to Sedona if you can. It is absolutely beautiful there!! That's a bummer you can't go to the Grand Canyon. It's one of the most beautiful places I have every been, next to the Cayman Islands! I'm thinking about asking Jason if he wants to head to Monrovia next weekend and stay with John and Rach. I'll let you know for sure! Hope you have a safe flight! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you won't get any delays!

Oh also the contest we are in is through the local fitness center. I figured hopefully it will be a good motivator for me to actually stick with it!! Keep rooting for me..lol! Love ya guys!!