Friday, January 16, 2009

On the news last night...

While Jake and I were watching the news last night they did a comparison to the weather in Anchorage, Alaska and Indiana....It was actually colder here than Alaska! That's just unreal. Its that "make your coat feel like hard plastic", "booger freezin", "you better have long johns, sweat pants, jeans, a tank top, t-shirt, long sleeve, sweatshirt, with a big ole winter coat with a sock hat, coat hat, gloves with hand warmers, boots, and a scarf" kind of weather. Weatherbug currently has our area at -7 and the Rio wouldnt start this morning. Good thing I didnt have anything going on so Jake could just drive our other car. Poor Rio :( Even with a full tank, some heet, and occasional start ups she still cant even turn over when Jake tried to start her. I think in August shes gonna get a rude awakening.

It hasnt been this cold since 1994, or 4th grade for all you 2003 graduates! It might have been around that huge ice storm we had. All I know is mom freaking out that we wouldnt have enough food, keeping the stove on and open to help heat the pipes in fear they would freeze, and wishing I could play outside. Oh the memories..Keep warm out there-we have been with an occasional hot cocoa.

No comments: