Monday, April 4, 2011

We Made It!

We were successful in our 2nd attempt to make it to church yesterday. We weren't on time, but we made it. Nora was ready to eat right as we were walking out the door...so we decided to pull her out of her car seat and let her nurse for a while so I wouldn't have to do it right when we got there. Turns out we were only 10 minutes late and only missed 1 worship song. She was quietly awake during most of the service and then drifted off asleep about 15 minutes before it was over. When we went to LifeGroup after church-she was ready to nurse again, so I missed most of it, but Jake was able to stay and give me the 411 on what was discussed.

We were also able to go to Jake's Aunts' 50th birthday lunch at El Rodeo-where Nora had her 2nd meal out away from home-her first came at Babies R Us last Wednesday. She is such a big girl & I'm getting used to nursing her outside of the house-it's a good thing because cabin fever had set in!

After lunch at El Rodeo we went back to Babies R Us to buy a 3 wheel jogging stroller. We've taken several walks outside with our travel system stroller (with plastic wheels) and have found them already wearing down. With as much as we walk around during the summer it was worth investing in a jogger...& I'll get to jog with her since our gym membership is up on April 17th. Sad...because I was pregnant most of the year we had the membership & didn't use it as much as I would have liked to, but it was nice when I did.


After 3 weeks, I'm finally becoming more confident in venturing out by myself with Nora. Today we went to Lowe's and to the Rec Center to walk around. The stinky part was it was raining. It tested my speed of getting the stroller out of the car and open ready for the car seat, diaper bag, and anything else I had with me. I got wet, but we made it in and out just fine!


Right now she's sleeping sound on her tummy next to me on the couch for the second time today-she likes tummy sleep time, but not tummy play time (don't worry I'm always right beside her when shes on her tummy!)

No comments: