Nora...that is! She is shedding skin like its her job. Every time I changer her onsie or socks/mittens, etc. tons of skin goes flying off! Her face has been peeling lots lately, but it seems to be slowing down. Tomorrow we are giving her the first actual bath since its been almost a week since the doctor put silver nitrate on her belly button to dry it up since it was still bleeding. I'm hoping that helps with removing the dry/dead skin.
Another reptile-esque characteristic that she has is that she loves to be warm...like a snake next to a heat lamp! She could be sound asleep on one of our chests and we go to lay her down and instantly she wakes up and wants to be 'warm' again (or held) either way. Apparently you can't spoil an infant, but she might be spoiled because we hold her so often. (as she sleeps on my chest while I'm typing this post) She ends up getting tiny beads of sweat on her face-that's how warm she is.
On another note, she slept all night...well not through the night, in her bassinet for the first time the other evening. Last night was a different story-she was a little fussy so bouncey seat it was for half the night. We are slowly but surely getting used to our new schedules which include some early bed times. Tonight being one of them. It's funny because we people tell you that you won't get much sleep you think...aww thats just them over reacting...but coming from a 8+ hour per night sleeper it has been really hard to keep up on sleep. I try to take as many naps during the day as possible, but I still want to get things done around the house before Jake gets home too.
Completely random and has nothing to do with this post, but I emailed the lactation consultant becuase I felt like I was pumping ALOT...turns out I am and she said my body thinks I have twins!! Hilarious-no wonder our freezer is filling up with milk so fast! I think I'll be slowing down a bit with her tips and advice!









2 comments:
Haha that's so funny about the twins! And sleep was one of the hardest things for me with MG. I couldn't believe I wasn't allowed to sleep anymore. It certainly seems like a cruel joke. ;)
you milk machine, lol
Post a Comment