Monday I had a doctor appointment where I found out I was "almost 3 cm", my blood pressure is still the same as pre-pregnancy, weight gain continues slowly, Nora's heart rate was 135, and everything was great for my due date appointment.
We discussed induction possibilities-my doctor, who is a liberal inductioner (lol, is that a word) offered to induce at 39.5 weeks which would have been on March 2nd. I deferred to my due date to see if she would come on her own. As my due date approached and came..she wasn't here! The latest my doctor will let me go is 41 weeks so an induction plan was set for 6 am on Sunday, March 13th.
This decision came with lots of thought as she offered to induce me on March 9th (yesterday). On Monday, I was feeling well and not in any more discomfort as I had been in so I opted to wait. On Tuesday night...sleep was minimal and I decided on Wednesday I would call my doctor to see if she could induce on Thursday since it had been my second night of exhaustion. I figured I can be exhausted with a baby rather than exhausted with one on the way and its all the same! Unfortunately, my doctor has today off so she couldn't schedule for induction today. She offered for tomorrow, I decline for a whole slew of reasons-primarily because the hospital doesn't have their Lactation Consultants working on the weekend & I need them to ease my slight anxiety of breastfeeding.
Today, I'm equally as tired as I have been the past few days, but I'm sticking to the plan of Sunday at 6 am. Unfortunately...Daylight Savings is Sunday so it's technically 5 am-Wow...that's early! I have 2 more days until it all goes down and we are looking forward to it more than ever! Next time I think I'll opt for the earlier induction-even if I'm feeling great because I learned how quickly comfort can decline.
On a brighter note, there is a HUGE consignment sale tomorrow and Saturday that I would like to go to and I wouldn't have been able to if I had had her yesterday or today! I'm looking for a jogging stroller so I can get back in the groove of something other than walking slower than all the old people at the Rec Center!
Car Update: The Rio is in working condition after repair by my awesome "mechanic" of a husband who fixed it for under $15
Computer Update: Geek squad called to tell us its ready for pick up. We ended up having it repaired since it was going to cost less than 1/2 the price of the computer with the external hard drive and data back up.
I think everything is settled and less stressful than last week-we are ready for our baby!









2 comments:
Don't worry Rox!! You will do fine. It's amazing how things come so naturally to you once that baby is placed in your arms! I was really anxious about breast feeding too but it really wasn't so bad! We are getting super excited to meet our niece!! Hang in there, and sending lots of love your way!!
Good luck with the birth and I hope it goes smooth. I was induced and had plenty of time to nap in the hospital before anything really started to happen that I needed to focus on. My husband even went home and got his laptop because, quite frankly, we were bored for a significant part of the day.
And good luck on breastfeeding! Its hard, I won't lie, but once you get it down its really quite wonderful.
Post a Comment