Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day #2 with out Daddy

We are half way through day #2 without Daddy and we are anxiously awaiting him getting home from work at 6:30! Glad to say that today is going much better than yesterday. I think I was tired and a little unsure of how the day was going to go because Jake has been an awesome support system for us since Nora was born. We couldnt ask for a better husband/daddy to have! On top of that, she only wanted to nurse on one side which meant frequent feedings and shorter nap times, we also had a few outfit changes due to crazy amounts of wet diapers-this girl knows how to fill a diaper whether its making it wet or dirty or both. Call me crazy, but I thought only little boys peed when their diapers were off...nope, little girls just dont spray pee everywhere!! Its like a water fountain pouring over her parts and happens just as you remove the dirty diaper. We thought we had an 'endless' supply of newborn diapers (since shes already ~9 lbs), but when we go through 2-4 for a diaper change depending on if its a dirty or wet and if shes goes when we are changing her...we are thinking this 'endless supply' is going to run out fast!

We are both in the 'feel bad' stage...He feels bad that I have to get up in the middle of the night to breastfeed-he wishes I could just sleep and I feel bad if he has to get up to change a diaper or help me if she's not happy especially when he has to work during the day.

Day #2 has resulted in a few 30-45 minute naps for me, a load of laundry done, longer feeding times and a sleeping baby...gotta go catch another short nap while shes sleeping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol, i love it:)