Nora had her second doctor appointment today-well it was actually just a weight check, but it was the first time I took her out of the house by myself and I was a little nervous. We made it to the appointment dressed and on time. Two things I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to do. Have I mentioned the least favorite part of my day?? If not, its putting a onsie on Nora...something about getting her head in a small hole and her arms in tight places that makes me sweat while doing it. Phew...it can be a workout!
Anyway, I struggled to get the car seat out of the car and almost had to call Jake-I never practiced before getting out on my own and in freezing cold weather with some kind of precipitation it was not a good thing. At the doctor Nora weighed 9 lbs. 4 oz.!! Wow! She's growing like a weed. That means she's up 11 oz. in 1 week. The nurse said they look for babies to gain 1/2 oz per day...meaning about 3.5 oz for a week....Nora blew that out of the water. My small, well actually big baby, is already growing so fast. Jake jokes that she might as well have come out walking and potty trained! No wonder this past week I've felt like a milk producing machine-the girl is hungry ALL.THE.TIME!
Another changed I've noticed is her hair color. It is already getting lighter especially in the front. When I look at the picture posted on our blog homepage and compare it to now-its a lot lighter. I know babies eye color isn't determined until about 6 mos (at least that's what I've heard), I think she is going to have blue eyes-or at least hazel like both Jake and mine.
We found out yesterday that John & Rachel are expecting again!! She's due in October-making her 12 weeks along. We are really excited that Nora will have a cousin that is close in age to grow up with-maybe it will be a girl since she'll already have a boy cousin (Hunter) close in age to play with.
One last thing..it felt so weird walking into Kohl's with a stroller tonight. Jake and I looked at each other like we are actually parents walking in with a stroller to a store...wild! Stolen from Rachael's blog-this is our "new normal".
Family time is short and sweet-so that's all for now.









1 comment:
tell rachel and john congrats!! she's not too far off from me!
Post a Comment