After we went for a run/walk at the park we headed over to drive by our house! We've officially done it 3 times since our inspection. I'm not sure what we think we will see, but we keep doing it. I think it's to see what our neighbors are like, the yard, etc since it was snowing when the inspection was going on so we couldnt get a good idea of the grass/landscape. When we pulled in the neighborhood and we passed the 3rd house on the right, Jake said, "Oh no, already!" I looked at him and he said, "that yard is already covered in dandelions. I hope our house isn't that way!". So as we got closer we slowed down to get a nice view of the yard, neighbors, etc all to find that our yard (in 15 days) doesnt have many dandelions (it has a few), but nothing like our neighbors. They have a million!! We are hoping that in those 15 days they dont spread to our yard. Does that happen? It was nice and quiet through the neighborhood-surpirsingly enough there werent many people outside on such a nice day. We discovered kids next door, well we didnt actually see them, but we saw evidence of outdoor toys everywhere. It kinda looks tacky, but I'm sure we'll understand sooner than later! :)
That's all for now, we are closing on the 19th & are moving in on the 26th. We've been packing for the past few weeks & getting things organized. Just some food for thought, I never thought about the fact that you have to buy a whole new lock for your front/back doors! Jake brought that up the other day & I was stunned! I guess I dont want any intruders or old family members of our sellers stopping by-so it would be a good idea. Just more money I knew would come with being a home owner. I'll put that on the list of curtains, shades, lawn mower, trash cans, weed eater, etc that we dont already have! I'll keep you posted on whats new & pictures to come shortly after we move in.









No comments:
Post a Comment