Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm still here...and here is all the random stuff updates

I'm still here! Just sometimes I really really feel like blogging and other times I dont feel like messing with it! Things have been great lately. We are coming up closer to our closing date-April 19th, but not fast enough :) We are getting final things in order. & we have started packing (yuck,-I hate packing)As for the past month...

At the beginning of March, I went on a 5 day retreat to Carmel, California on a work expense paid trip for meetings/enjoyment. Our hotel was right on the beach & was awesome. A bit chilly, but I'll take that over cold/snowy anyday (although this weather we are having now is awesome!). After returning back it was a long week of catching up on sleep and work! I've been starting more classes-so that has been keeping me busy & the days seem to fly by.

We signed up for a volleyball league starting in May & I'm so excited. Something about planned, fun, activity really gets me going :} When we dropped off the payment forms we found out it was SAND volleyball-even better & will remind me of our time playing VB in Cancun last year! We are venturing in with a new team-mainly Standefords, but with the help of two girls I knew from high school as well. I decided we should be in the rec league to save us me the headache of losing-so hopefully we can win! These people who sign up for things like this are serious....and I am, but I dont know if all of my team mates are!

The mini marathon is less than 40 days away & while I wont be able to run the entire thing (due to my lack of training this past month or two) I intend on running most (more than 8 miles) of it & I consider that a success for the amount of training that I have put in. I'll do another one...maybe in the fall & really train! I've realized that running isnt my favorite thing anymore...I like the more fun, competitive things with groups of people.

Jake's doing fine, struggling with sleep due to the crazy song happy birds outside our window, but thanks to the #2 setting on our box fan, it has been helping! He's mentally prepping himself for all the projects he already knows I want to do in the house & he keeps telling me, "honey, we arent even there yet, cant we just wait?". Well, in my eyes its ours so lets get a move on!

We went to our my favorite store now, Lowe's (or Home Depot, Menards, or Garden Ridge) you know any house-esque store with lots of ideas for change, and we I was looking at paint swatches & I said, "hey, I have to use the restroom...find me a light brown that you like and I'll be right back!" I got back from the RR & said, "what'd you come up with?" He looked at me like I was *dumb* and said...,"All these paint colors give me a headache & I dont know green from brown remember?!" (he's color blind & sometimes I forget) So, we laughed and left as we can leave that daunting task for another day! Sometimes I have blonde moments, then you think "Oh yeah"...oppps

No comments: