Sunday, April 11, 2010

A blogland craft project gone right!

Last week I ventured off to Goodwill to see if I could make a cute decoration thingy that I first saw on Thrify Decor Chick 's blog. Blog land has become something that I check like a ritual to see if there is anything cute that I think would go with our house-for cheap (of course!). Back to the project, so I found everything I needed (just like the Thrify Chick said) you can find this stuff at GW's anywhere & they are in abundance too!

I bought this cheese platter thingy for $3.99 at GW


And this candle holder for $1.99 (which I thought was pricey for GW, but went perfectly for what I was looking for!)



So I glued them together with E-6000, a common glue it together substrate used often in blogland. The cheese plate thingy is basically up on a pedistal (ie. the candle holder). & then I spray painted it Heirloom White or HW its Rustoleum brand and looks great!



I cleaned the glass & made these 'jute' wrapped styrofoam balls for really cheap with lots of materials left over. Found the little green, cool texture ball things from GW for $1.99 for a whole stick of them, I only used a few here & I'll probably find another use for them somewhere else too! & VOILA! Project finished :) Looks great in my opinion & it was cheap and fun!


See the 'jute' wrapped balls up close with the nice spikey green things!


I have a few other crafty-like things up my sleeve that use the jute & spray paint, but those are for another day! One of my bigger projects once we move in is to re-finish an antique buffet I found on Craigslist for $65! I can tell just by looking at it that it's gonna look awesome when I'm finished! Jake just wants me to stop the madness already, but he doesnt realize it just started! I get bored easily so I need to keep my self moving on to new things! P.S. I'm addicted to blog land and all things crafty on them :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Looks great Roxanne! Tell Jake I'm sorry I got you addicted to TDC...

Val said...

Very Cute!!!