In January:
- We made our first trip to Phoenix, AZ to visit the Aunt Donna & Uncle Jim and the southwest. We had a great time and experienced fresh picked oranges...which are almost ripe for 2010-too bad we won't be returning that soon.
- I began my last semester of school (internship)...time being 'unpaid' for working!
In February:
- My mom turned 50! I was planning on planning a party for her, but she clearly stated that she would be mad or upset if we threw her a party. So, no party for her-she was excited she would be getting a senior citizen discount @ many stores! I can't wait for that 10% discount (lol)
In March:
- The only thing I can remember is we celebrated St. Patty's day....I was too busy working on case studies from the hospital to remember much!
In April:
- I celebrated my 24th birthday, attended the IDA conference with the other dietetic interns, took a short weekend trip to Chi-town to visit Jackie & Alex, and I started job hunting.
In May:
- We took our first trip to Cancun, Mexico with Ginny/Dustin for a nice relaxing time between my 3rd and final rotations. Jake began job hunting in Texas & Indy....he was offered a job in Conroe, TX but we declined (maybe that was June?). We celebrated the triplets graduation from high school!
In June:
- We celebrated our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! I continued to work my way through the last rotation of my internship while Jake held steady at Sam's Club in Lafayette.
In July:
- I GRADUATED FROM THE CPD PROGRAM and began studying for the RD exam!! After 11 months of traveling, learning, and working for free! I continued to search for jobs. We made our first trip down to Austin, TX to visit Brad/Rach in 100 degree weather in hopes of possibly moving south and to catch up with them-it had been too long!
In August:
- We were apart of the Butera/Burch wedding and celebrated with my cousin Matt and his, now wife, Lyndsi! We started looking for apartments near Indy, but still kept the option of moving to TX in mind...at that time our lease was up Aug 30th.
In September:
- We celebrated Jakes 1/4 century birthday :), I passed the RD exam, we moved to Plainfield, and I obtained my first full-time job as a RD!
In October:
- Jake transfered to Sam's Club in Greenwood-switched to overnight manager, we started attending Bethesda Baptist in Brownsburg, met a lot of cool new friends, we watched Boilermaker football slip down deeper in a slump, went to our first comedy club with Jackie & Alex, surprised Jason for his birthday and visited John & Rach in Detroit on Halloween.
In November:
- We gave thanks to the many blessings that have come into our lives in the past year...looking back at how things had come about. Jake started going to a Bible study (the ladies study starts in Jan '10!) with the guys he met at church & started playing flag football. After all, things do happen for a reason & there are many great reasons why we ended up in Plainfield...I now know that-well you know hindsight is 20/20 but foresight might as well be 'blindsight'!
In December:
- Enjoyed our new apartment and the lack of snow in Indy, began the long search of house hunting, celebrated an awesome Christmas and are all ready to bring in the new year with close friends at a cabin in Southern Indiana! Welcome 2010...the Standeford's are ready for you!
***There are many other things that happened this past year! If we forgot anything...feel free to comment so we can reminisce too :) *** Thank you family/friends for an awesome 2009!










3 comments:
You missed celebrating all 3 of your nieces First birthdays!!
What a nice blog Rox! You guys have definitely had a roller coaster year, but it turned out great!
Looking for a house hunting article and voila, I was linked at this blog. Nevertheless, i wanna say you are a beautiful couple.
Post a Comment