Monday, May 5, 2008

A week of updates

This past week has been a little slower than usual-usual being the two weeks before now and I could really get used to it :) As for updates on the internship, I heard back from Purdue and will have a conference call interview the week of May 19th for the CPD program. I guess I'm excited about it, but I'm really confused about the whole conference call interview part. I just think its stupid! So after the interview it may be a week or two until I find out whether I got one of the open positions or not (thats all they really want me to do is keep waiting...) Boo them!
Finals are over and I will soon be a graduate, regardless of whether I get into the CPD program or not! Saturday is just around the corner and I keep forgetting I need to rent my cap and gown this week. It feels weird to be finished with college and not have a clue what's going to happen with in the next few months. At church yesterday, Jake and I were recognized for graduating this year and we were supposed to give a minute blurp about what we would be doing in the future...If we knew-then it would be a lot easier to tell the congregation, the only problem being we dont know!

Wedding planning is in full force ( I really wanted to make it sound cool ) Today, Jackie and I went down to Indy for an excuse to hang out and shop. Starting out the day we had lunch at McAllisters right when we got there. Once we were full and fueled we had plans for me to have my make-up done somewhere for the wedding and just so I could get some ideas of how to do it for the rest of life. I had to explain to the lady that my mom didnt really like make-up and that I really never knew what all you needed to do your complete face. We headed to Keystone to MAC first to see if it would cost anything to have a complete make-over.... We arrived and it was free, but then we started looking for prices and that was a bad idea! Not one throughout the whole store so Jack and I started to get a little worried that the prices would be too much to buy at least one thing-she asked and they werent as bad as we thought so I purchased 3 things: 2 eyeshadows and this cool gel eye liner stuff! I only bought 3 things, but the girl used 17 products in30 minutes. I couldnt believe it, but I was a new face with lots of money on it-But it looked really good! I was excited to take a picture with my new camera (yeah for a new camera, thanks Jake). Here are the pictures, beware of the last and very close up picture-its kinda scarey but we needed it for the dramatic effect eyes!
After our trip for a free make-over for me, Jackie and I decided that when her and Al get married we will make another trip down for her make-up appointment! After MAC, we did some wishful shopping at Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, Williams-Sonoma, etc. you get the point. I love these 3 canisters at Williams-Sonoma, but they were a whopping $100 for the set of three...a little out of the budget! Our last stop was Castleton where I needed to find a swim coverup, beach hat and make up that was much cheaper. The first two we managed to find for a nice price, but the make up still wasnt cutting it after we checked out a few places-I'll have to make a run to Target or CVS for the other 14 products I couldnt afford!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot-we celebrated Cinco de Mayo a little earlier than most people on Saturday with Ellen, Ryan, Ginny, and Dustin. Dustin works for Budweiser and they were on a mini-bar crawl around Lafayette/W. Laf. in a Lafayette Limo and we ended up meeting them at Checkerboard. This really run down, kinda dirty, really smoky bar on 16th & Kossuth was where everyone, except me, enjoyed free Coronas on Dustins boss! They were pretty excited and I took some pictures to show it!

Jake & Dustin having a good time!



Ginny & I posing with the sombrero :)
Jake, Ryan, Ellen & I

Dustin & Ginny-they were out since 2:30 pm that day

Jake & Ryan-caught for an unexpected picture-Look at the Corona skirt!
Ellen & Ryan for a quick shot




No comments: