At Krystals Grad Party with Lauren, El, and Krystal!
Jake & I on the way from The Smiths wedding to the reception! Dont worry there werent any cars around us!
Britt and I at the reception-The bridesmaid dresses were very elegant :)
The newlyweds on their first dance! I wish my camera worked better in low light situations like this! They were very cute together.
This past Saturday Jake had his "bachelor" party! They went out for a round of golf in the afternoon, hung out like they were tailgating outside of our apartment-in the parking lot, and they went to dinner and out to Jakes for the rest of the evening. Here are some highlights of the night.
Jake in the middle of his back swing...He would have been upset with me if he would have heard the camera auto focusing during his swing!
Alex chilling on the golf cart ready for the next hole.
Bean, Jakes high school friend-I'm not sure whats going on here.
Josh and Zac (Another high school friend) ride to the next hole.
Jason & Dustin (Jasons friend from college) We've become friends with Ginny and Dustin since they moved from Kokomo to Lafayette last fall (see pics from Cinco de Mayo to remember Ginny). They have an adorable 4 year old son named Brayden and he kicks our but in Wii when we go over to play with him!
Other pictures from the party shouldnt be disclosed on the internet. Needless to say Jake had a blast and didnt get out of control like some people do on their bachelor parties, but there were a couple who made up for him-Not to name names (Alex and Jason!) My bachelorette party isnt until the weekend before the wedding. We will be traveling to Indy for a fun night and staying downtown somewhere. I think my party will be much more fun than Jakes, but I might be a little biast!
While Jake was enjoying his party, Jackie and I went to dinner at Olive Garden-Love the cheese ravioli, then rented Juno and went back to her apartment for a slumber party! After Juno, we finished off a few wedding arts and crafts and watched a little THS of Patrick Dempsy and another movie-The Enchanted (cute movie). During that time I learned how to french braid and I must catch on quite quickly because it all stayed up after the first try. Granted it might have taken me about 30 minutes to do it-it was still good for the first time ever.
We are approaching 2 weeks this Saturday and we couldnt be happier to get married and rush off on our honeymoon :) I dont know what I'm going to do with all my time after the wedding-it has pretty much consumed my life for the past year and a half.
An update on internships, I have my interview on the 22nd, this Thursday, hoping to get placed but I wont be sad if I dont get placed at Purdue. Our director sent out an email today with news of a Sports Nutritionist Internship starting July 1st in Gainesville, Fl at U of Florida. Its usually a GA opportunity, but its too late to apply for the fall semester so they are opening it up for employment until January. I havent decided if I really want to get my Masters or not, but I guess I'll figure it out once I hear back from the RD in charge of the program. Sounds like a great opportunity and would give us a chance to move to warmer climates like we thought we would be doing.
Thats all for now-I'm freezing so I'm gonna go have a cup of hot cocoa and cuddle with Jake on the couch!









2 comments:
Good luck with the internship opportunities! We're thinking about you this week.
Yay for slumber parties! Even though they get interupted my drunk boys....
Post a Comment