Saturday, May 24, 2008

2 Weeks and Counting!

We are 2 weeks away from one of the best days Jake and I will ever have together! Yeah for getting married...and the honeymoon! After all the planning and decisions, We've heard its gone in a blink of an eye-I believe it because each day goes by faster and faster, but we are still very excited! Not much left to do as far as preparations go-we still need to meet with the DJ, make final arrangements with transportation, meet with our pastor, steam dresses, etc....the list actually goes on and on. All that stuff will come the week of the wedding! Calm as we move into this next week-I hope! Did I mention we only have 2 weeks left!! :) I cant wait-then I'll have my rings back as they have been shipped off to become sautered* (dont know if I spelled that right) cleaned and primped for the special day. We will actually get them sooner, but I wont be wearing them since the wedding band will be attached.

We booked our hotel for our first night as a married couple at the Hyatt in Indianapolis! We will be right by the airport when our flight leaves around 9:00am and then off to the Dominican Republic where I hope we dont get too burnt from the nice, sunny rays. This year I am extra excited about vacation, not only because its just Jake and I, but because Indiana weather has stunk since November-except for today. I hope its nice on our wedding day-it might cause a little tension between me and the weather man and his "precision forcaster"!

As for our future...I had my interview with Purdue for the CPD-see past posts for more information about the CPD program-and things went well. I can never tell whether the interview went well or not, I guess I just always think I did an awesome job! At least I can never fail myself that way :). The bad news about this program is that they arent able to let us know if we are accepted into the program until mid July!! Thats a month and a half if you didnt know-thats means a mere 3 months to figure out what I will be doing in August= not fun! However, I did receive an email back about the U of Florida assistantship/internship and I do qualify for the postion, but they are still in the mix of finding finances to cover the position and if they do find the money it wont be until early July that they post the job and then I could apply. The job is a sports nutrition position in which I would be working with the 2 current RDs to help out with the athletic department and keeping the athletes healthy and energized! Its an awesome job and they dont come around very often especially in a place like florida, but the bad thing is that the person accepting that position would start late July becuase of two a days for volleyball, football and tennis ( I think). So, if I decided to go with that route then it would be a rush and I'm not exactly sure what Jake would do! Another bad thing about that job is the pay-which is horrible and the work load, which is out of control-and I would still have to do an dietetic internship in order to receive my RD (Registered Dietetian) credientials (a must have in dietetics) ! Ultimately, this job would give me a year of experience in a field of dietetics that really interests me and would be wonders if I decided to work towards my CSSD (Certified Sports Specialist in Dietetics) credientials. Anyways, I love life and its mystery sometimes, but good night give me a break on the mysterys!

P.S. did I mention we still dont have an apartment for next year?

Through with that-we are headed to my aunt janas tomorrow for a cookout for Memorial Day. Jake is down in Indy with Ryan (ellens boyfriend), they are going to the Indy 500 tomorrow. I went last year and was glad it rained and they had to call the race, so I decided that staying home would be the best option this year and I didnt have a ticket which made everything clear. Its quiet around here with out Jake, but nice for a day.

This next week we will both be working lots so we arent broke when we get home from the honeymoon, but we like our jobs now so thats a plus. More later...Happy early Memorial Day!

No comments: