We are always go, go, go in the summer and I get a little side tracked and forget about blogging sometimes. Oopps! Sorry about that-we are doing great. We took a trip down to Southern Indiana to visit the Burch family. We were so excited to see their new house-which is adorable & a ranch-which is what we would love to have. Lucy & Jersey were able to play-well, Lucy wanted Jersey to play a lot more, but Jers is kind of old and tired so she's a little more laid back! It was Nora's first time sleeping outside of the house, but she did well, even through a tornado warning that only I was worried about. Of course, I made Jake and Nora get in Ellen's bathroom-LOL as they were sleeping and didn't care about the storm. I thank my mother for making me paranoid of storms & only ask Jake for a house with a basement so I don't do the same for our kids. We had a good time catching up and chatting about babies-Austin will be here in a short few months & we will be headed back down to see him and all his cuteness!
We also went up to Lafayette to visit my mom and sister and niece, Serenity. She has gotten so big since the last time we saw her and she is as ornery as they come. I took a few bow clips and bows up that I made for Nora (well I realized she wouldn't wear them for a while-after I made them). She loved them and looked adorable with them in her hair. She's not sure what to think about Melissa holding other babies. She's jealous when she holds Hunter, but doesn't seem to mind when she's holding Nora-we are trying to figure that one out still.
They came down for the 4th and we had a cookout with my family & John, Rachel & the girls. Serenity loved playing with Ann & Nellie-we blew up Nora's baby pool & had the hopscotch sprinkler out because it was so hot. Between the pool and sprinkler, you can't get much cheaper entertainment for two three year olds and an 18 month old! We have become a "little cooler" in the toy department since Nora has come along since we have books and other colorful toys that kids like.
This past weekend Jake helped his mom by building a mini-barn that took the entire day Saturday and most of the day Sunday- & it's not yet completed. But, other than that we've been tending to the garden, hanging some pictures in the house, and enjoying the summer sun as much as we can with a 4 month old!
| Hunter, Nora, & Serenity-cousins on the 4th |
| Nana with the grand kids |
| Nellie, Nora, & Ann- in matching shirts from Gamma |
| Ann trying to hold Nora's arm to keep her from leaning on Nellie (not pictured...cousin Isabella, but you can see her HERE) |










1 comment:
I'm so bummed that we didn't get a pic of all 4 girls in their Happy 4th shirts. We may just have to do it, even though the 4th has passed. They just all looked so cute in them! We loved seeing you guys this last weekend and can't wait to see you again this week!!
Post a Comment