| Rolling over at night & sleeping in her crib for naps...new trends @ 4 months |
| Jake forces this pacifier on her...wonder why? |
| One of my favorite new toys! |
| Getting too big for the boppy |
This girl is long! And she keeps on getting longer... I think she gets that from her Daddy. She is now in mostly 6 month clothes-due to her length. She wears the limited number of 3/6 month outfits we have, but all 3 month clothes are packed away in a tub that she can not wear anymore. I always wonder how tall she will be when she's older-I think about how I'm pretty tall for a woman and Jake's family makes tall people, so she's got a chance to be at least 5'7". I just hope she isn't super-tall where it makes her self-conscious. Wow, how did I get on that..she's only 4 months old! That's how my random brain works though-LOL.
{4 MONTH STATS}
- 14 lbs. 2 oz. (50th Percentile)
- 26 inches long (97th Percentile)
- 16 1/4th inches-head circumference (72nd Percentile)
She is 'on-schedule' and doing all things for this age developmentally-so we are proud parents that she seems to be growing and learning A-OK. I've already mentioned that she has rolled over, but now that is what. she. does! She has mastered both ways to roll- tummy to back...back to tummy. She loves being on her tummy, arms out, head up and looking around. She is quite content with that position for now. I tell everyone that she may look like her Dad, but she acts like me. Can't miss a thing, little miss curious or some people say...nosey. She is a good supported sitter and loves to be up (seeing EVERYTHING, of course) on your shoulder or facing people. She gets fussy if you lay and cradle her like a baby unless shes ready for a nap.
Favorite toy award goes to the material book with the hard corners and crunchy sounding pages. She loves IT & we don't go anywhere with out it. She also has a butterfly that sings & an elephant with the same crunchy-sounding -material for his body that she likes too. They are good to have on hand..except when she falls asleep in her car seat holding one of them...all you hear is "crunch" & sometimes she wakes herself up from "crunching" it. Bath time is another fun activity, but she arches her back and kicks off the sling making it a little more challenging to bathe her, but I imagine it will only get more challenging as she gets older.
She is still sleeping wonderfully at night and has been all along. We are very thankful for that. She just started rolling over at night. So I find her sleeping on her tummy in the morning-which freaked me out at first, but now I'm OK with it. She seems to like tummy sleeping and as long as she rolls over, I'm fine with it. About 3 weeks ago we stopped swaddling arms in, so we decided to stop swaddling all together and now she only sleeps in sleep sacks or sleep 'n plays-she's so grown up! The other night I laid her down when she was awake...she reached to the corner of her crib (where I keep her pacifier), grabbed it, and put it in her mouth. It was like I was watching a 2 year old-crazy, I tell you-I thought I was gonna tear up as she is becoming more independent of Jake and I.
Monday was the first day that I put her in her crib for nap time. I've been trying to do that for a while now, but it hasn't happened, so hopefully she will get used to taking naps up stairs and then I can be as loud as I want down here without scaring/waking her.
She likes to eat (or drink I guess). We are still strong nursing, no solids yet. We are holding off until 6 months if we can make it there! I'm planning on making her baby food so I've been gathering up resources and finding advice to make it a little smoother process. I'm excited to introduce her to new foods. She stares at me when I eat & if she could talk I bet she would say ... can I have a bite?! I feel bad sometimes-its like Jersey when she watches us eat. every. bite! LOL Soon enough, it will come soon enough.
I've decided that after 4 months I might have a bit of separation anxiety-I love her so much & want to spend every second I can with her since she is growing up so fast. She spent an hour in our church nursery while we were in Sunday School for the first time last Sunday & I was a little anxious to go feed or get her-of course I'm like that when I'm at work T-Thr too. We are in love with our little Nora as she is so happy and full of giggles, smiles, and coos for us. Parenthood could not get any better!










2 comments:
Aw, Roxanne. Everything sounds so great. I'm happy for you guys!
Here's a great little tidbit on making homemade baby food. http://blessusolord.blogspot.com/2010/10/homemade-baby-food.html
I wish I could tell you the seperation anxiety goes away, but with Bella almost 3, I still hate to be apart from her!! (Even on the days she's driving me crazy) I love all the new pics. I think the top one is my favorite of all the "4 Months" pics you took!! Love that little girl, can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!
Post a Comment