Sunday, July 31, 2011

Let Me Explain...

So, I realize I've been a little slacker on the blog lately, but there's a good explanation.  Recently, I have taken up couponing! Since I've been working part time and plan on it for as long as our budget will allow I have decided to try to "help out" by couponing.  So when Nora is napping or when I have free time that I will clip, explore, & find deals.  I love to shop anyways, so why not score a good deal while I'm at it?  Instead of going to Target to look around for hours I now visit CVS, Walgreens, Dollar General more frequently than I ever have.  I still get time for Target, but not as much as I used too!

Here are some of my deals I've gotten in the past week:

On clearance at Walgreens for $3.19/50 ct. I used 2 $3.00 off 1 coupons and a $1.00 off 1 and spent $6.24 on 200 diapers && I got $3 in register rewards back (money to spend at Walgreens on my next purchase) So, technically they were $3.24 for 200 diapers!

This was another Walgreens purchase.  Buy 2 @ $5 each, use 2 $.75 off manufacture coupons & the instore $2 off from Walgreens...get $3.50 back in register rewards...like paying $3 for both or $1.50 each!

Kroger deal.  Both are 10/10, but you know you dont have to buy 10 to get them for that price.  I had a $0.75 off coupon for the crest toothpaste making that $.25 & a $0.50 coupon (that doubles to $1.00 automatically at Kroger) making the dish soap FREE...so total with tax $0.36!

Target find...clearance rack! Skinny jeans on sale for $3.06 what a steal, but what makes it even better is a coupon I found on coupons.target.com for $3.00 off any jean purchase at Target. I printed 2 coupons and scored 2 pairs of jeans for $0.08!

Walgreens special today only...buy one on sale for $6.99, use $2.00 off 1 coupon from coupons.com & get $5 register rewards back. I did that twice & used past register rewards to pay for them.. FREE!

This is a Dollar General purchase: the Nivea body wash is reg. $2.50, but with a $2.00 off 1 coupon its only $0.50 each (I used 3 coupons to get them all for $1.50) The deoderant is the smaller size, but its regular $1, but with $0.75 off coupons it's only $0.25 each!
 I'm not planning on being a crazy hoarder! LOL just getting stuff we need and will use for either FREE or cheap. I'm hoping to get all toiletree type items this way, because saving money on food for us is hard since we eat a lot of fresh stuff. 

I use these websites to find the deals:
Krazy Coupon Lady
Coupon Mom
Money Saving Amada

But, I've also been using Facebook for coupons, as well as loading coupons to my Kroger card, cell phone # for Meijer & other stores.  Just a few things to save a buck when I can! So that's what I've been up to. & its all to be able to spend time with my cutie!




No comments: