Monday, June 13, 2011

3 Months Already

Wow time flies! Nora is 3 months old today. We have had a lot of fun the past month getting to know her personality more and more each day.  She talks to people when we are at stores to let them know she is there and taking everything in.  At church she sits on my lap and listens to Pastor Kurt as he preaches and she coos when we sing songs. 

We have pretty much established a schedule that works for her and us at the same time.  She is typically in her crib between 9-9:30 pm and wakes any where between 8-9:30 am...a great sleeper! We have been putting her down before she is sleeping to make sure she learns to put herself to sleep which will pay off in the future.  Usually she is so tired that with in 10 minutes she is fast asleep and typically doesn't make much noise until the morning.  We count our blessings every night that she sleeps so well and hope that teething doesn't interrupt this wonderful schedule!

Probably her most prominent new thing is gnawing on her fist.  She sucks and bites on it like crazy. At first I thought she was trying to tell me she was hungry, but quickly I learned that wasn't the case as she rejected the feeding.  We have been putting a rattle in her hand to show her "how" her hands work.  She now grabs and smacks her toys under her play gym and recognizes the ones that make noises. 

This is Jake's input to this segment of Nora's 3 months...."She poops up her back and through her clothes. I had to give her a bath.  She smiles, she giggles, she cries hysterically when dad is holding her...mom comes to the rescue and she stops. She likes to read books."  Told just like a dad!

She doesn't have another doctor appointment until 4 months so we don't know her measurements, but I know shes growing because she has been able to wear some 6 month clothes due to her length.  Her 3 month pants are a little short, and 0-3 pants are like high waters.  Gerber 3-6 month onsies are stretched to the max to get buttoned! We are going to have a tall girl on our hands.  She continues to get new hair in-lighter than it was, but it seems like it's still changing.  We haven't fed her anything else but breast milk and don't plan on it for a few more months unless necessary.  I'm excited to make my own baby food when the time comes, but it's nice to not have to worry about anything but nursing and pumping right now.  Enough about that...

Here are some pictures from the past month!

So proud to be 3 months!

Bored already...

This is what I do now!

After bath time


Mommy is obsessed with making large bows!

Playing outside on the hot hot days



After church

I love my daddy!

See...Mommy and I look some what alike? Don't we?

2 comments:

LauraSuz said...

She's beautiful! And you look great Rox. Looks like you were made for motherhood! Love it!

Jackie said...

Adorable! We miss you guys so much and can't wait to see you next month! I love, love, love the picture of you and Nora after church. You and Jake have adjusted to parenthood wonderfully!