This week marks my first week as a full time worker! I started at 30 hours per week and have made my way to 40 each week. I'm excited to be making a little extra money that we can now put towards my student loans in January. In addition to getting extra money to pay off debt, I will be working on Thursdays now which will prevent me from going shopping and spending money that I dont need to spend! Win win situation either way you look at it.
We had a great Thanksgiving weekend spending time with family first at my aunts house on Thanksgiving and then at Jakes grandpas on Saturday. We did, however, get a chance to run the drumstick dash Thanksgiving morning which was 4.5 miles in Broadripple. It was cold and it drizzled a little to-very undesirable conditions for running, but needless to say we both finished running, Jake just finished 10 minutes before me. Yeah, yeah, he runs a lot faster than me, but we were both really sore until yesterday! It made me realize that I had better get moving if I'm going to be running the mini in May! The dash was fun- we got dry fit long sleeve Brooks t-shirts for running and after wards we were ready for meal time.
Friday, the Monrovia Bulldogs played at Lucas Oil for the state championship and lost...they had a great run, but couldnt come through in the end. But, my HS team didnt get to state so that was a great accomplishment for them. Earlier that morning we finished our Christmas shopping with some great Black Friday deals-it was Jakes first experience, I'm not sure if he'll want to do that again or not but he was a good help to me by standing in line!
This morning we put up the Christmas tree and tomorrow we will be decorating it-we didnt have time since I had to work at 12:30 and Jake was ready for bed. We also began our project of putting plastic on our humongous windows to try to keep the cold air out. I hope it works because its been cold in here lately. Speaking of cold when I got back to the office my car had frost on it!! I wasnt expecting that at all so I had to dig my scraper out. Gotta love 4 seasons :) Happy December tomorrow!
We had a great Thanksgiving weekend spending time with family first at my aunts house on Thanksgiving and then at Jakes grandpas on Saturday. We did, however, get a chance to run the drumstick dash Thanksgiving morning which was 4.5 miles in Broadripple. It was cold and it drizzled a little to-very undesirable conditions for running, but needless to say we both finished running, Jake just finished 10 minutes before me. Yeah, yeah, he runs a lot faster than me, but we were both really sore until yesterday! It made me realize that I had better get moving if I'm going to be running the mini in May! The dash was fun- we got dry fit long sleeve Brooks t-shirts for running and after wards we were ready for meal time.
Friday, the Monrovia Bulldogs played at Lucas Oil for the state championship and lost...they had a great run, but couldnt come through in the end. But, my HS team didnt get to state so that was a great accomplishment for them. Earlier that morning we finished our Christmas shopping with some great Black Friday deals-it was Jakes first experience, I'm not sure if he'll want to do that again or not but he was a good help to me by standing in line!
This morning we put up the Christmas tree and tomorrow we will be decorating it-we didnt have time since I had to work at 12:30 and Jake was ready for bed. We also began our project of putting plastic on our humongous windows to try to keep the cold air out. I hope it works because its been cold in here lately. Speaking of cold when I got back to the office my car had frost on it!! I wasnt expecting that at all so I had to dig my scraper out. Gotta love 4 seasons :) Happy December tomorrow!










No comments:
Post a Comment