Sunday, November 15, 2009

Christmas Shopping

So the last few weeks I've been spending part of my days off Christmas shopping all over the place! Its a lot easier to find a deal if you are looking, although Jake would say its a lot easier to spend money if you're in a store... He has a point, but still. We actually have a lot of people crossed off and done! My latest was a gift at Kohl's that was regularly priced at $49.99, but was on sale a week and a half ago for $19.99-but they were out. So, I got a rain check and in the mail that same week I received a $10 off your entire purchase from Kohls. So my once $49.99 gift was only $10.48. Thats the steal of the season!
~
I dont seem to have a problem buying things for anyone other than Jake. He never wants anything, never thinks of things he could use, and never shops unless I ask him to come with me! With that being said, you can see where I would have run out of ideas-especially since his birthday was in September. If we had a house I could go off of that and buy him something for that, but there are somethings that work well in a house and not an apartment! If you have any ideas about what things you think would make a great Christmas gift, I could use the help. I try to look at electronics, his hobbies, etc for ideas but I'm blank and it's sad! After all Christmas is only 40 days away!

2 comments:

Elly said...

I love those Kohls gift cards! I just got another one too. I always use them to get free clothes for Sophia.
AS for the Christmas present- I'm no help. I gave up buying stuff for my husband- I just get him a gift card for Best Buy and let him spend it as he chooses!

Tabatha said...

Sounds like Jason. He always says that he never needs anything or that he doesn't want anything. I've found a few things for him here and there but nothing extravagant. I haven't even starting shopping for Bella yet!! Hopefully after Thanksgiving I'll have a little money saved up to do so. I'll try to think of some ideas for you and I'll get back to ya! Miss you guys!!